Notices

Another Day 'oner

Old 07-20-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Day 'oner

After a few months of sobriety, I had a relapse which latest for about a week. It's really is true that alcoholism is progressive. I started years about and would have maybe six ounces of scotch in the evening. This progressed on and off and my last bender I was basically drinking/sleeping around the clock.

Also I didn't realize what many people meant by "ending up in the ER". But during my last bout I managed to break my foot. Fortunately my wife was sober and could drive me. I had pretty much sobered up as well by then.

As the week progressed, Einstein here also fell twice injuring both sides of my ribs.

Giving it another shot. I might to hang out here tonight for some moral support.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good for you for coming back! Sometimes it takes more than one wake-up call for us. It's never fun starting again, but you've still got those months of sobriety to be proud of.

Keep it simple, be patient with yourself so that you can heal, and just don't drink for today. You can do it!!!:ghug3
Old 07-20-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's relentless isn't it?
Welcome back 223

D
Old 07-20-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

fight the beast , you can do it.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you know you can do this and i'm sure you felt better when you are sober. you slipped and you got up and realized how you felt like crappola....

so you are back and fixing it....GOOD DECISION. take your fluids, vitamins and think about how much more you can enjoy your life sober.

(and i am typing this just as much for me as i am for you...it happens to me too, i had one slip that lasted 2 days, i scared myself)
Old 07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know it's painful, but as a newbie I appreciate hearing about people's experiences - it helps me to know what's coming and how to work through it.

I really mean this, thank you for sharing.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your kind words and encouragement. One of my problems I suppose was that I didn't have a good recovery plan in place. So I'm going to get back on the antabuse and a hospital nearby has an addiction treatment program that I will attend.

And I did go to a local AA meeting a few weeks back even though I'm a secular type. It was enjoyable and I was made to feel very welcome and plan on returning.

One challenge I face is that my wife and have had a very stormy spring/summer and she's also an alcoholic which doesn't help there's usually booze around. However, I asked her to only buy enough for herself even if she has to go to the store daily. And she agreed.