Notices

I just want someone to listen

Old 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cat1961 View Post
Brennan - I read your story and sounds similar to my old days. The partying people you associate with will drive you to the drugs. I have found in the past that I have to cut off ties with my old drinking buddies in order to stay sober. Although I don't have a solution for you today, the only suggestion I can give is to stick with these folks here cuz their awesome!

This is my second day here and I'm struggling as well.
i know everybody says you need to get rid of your party buddies. But my party buddies consist of my best friends i've known for 5 or 6 years, before we ever started partying. So we cant get rid of eachother, but they have seen what this has done to my life, and most of them have quit with me.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Whether you're LDS or not, they have a bunch of free classes and lots of help in the area. The local American Fork office phone number is (801) 216-8000. I pray you can receive the help you need. Your life is what you choose to make it. Today is your day to become who you want to be. God bless. Here's a link to the other local offices the LDS Church has. Scroll down to page 5 to find the offices near AF: http://www.providentliving.org/pfw/m...thArea_pdf.pdf
Old 07-13-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brennanelectric View Post
i know everybody says you need to get rid of your party buddies. But my party buddies consist of my best friends i've known for 5 or 6 years, before we ever started partying. So we cant get rid of eachother, but they have seen what this has done to my life, and most of them have quit with me.
That would be great if you all could quit the drugs together. I've had my share many years ago and could not imagine doing acid or shrooms right now! My life is a mess to begin with and surely couldn't add drugs on top of it.

I guess when I want a drink I have to ask myself "what good is this going to do me.......?"

The answer is NOTHING!

And the same goes for the drugs although they may make you feel good temporarily. But also think of the expense. My 12 pack a day was costing me about $7 a day which equates to about $50 a week. And that's a minimum.

Another method I have found that works for me is when I have that urge to drink is to grab a dollar and put it in the "sobriety jar". That's one less dollar I have spent on my awful illness. It's amazing how much money one can collect over a short period of time.