Notices

Day 6

Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stayingstraight

Day 6

Hey there everybody. Hope everyone is doing okay. Today is day 6 of my sobriety. Feeling pretty good. Had a couple of moments today. My daughters friends mom came to pick up her daughter that spent the night last night. We got to talking a little and for some reason, I started getting that feeling. It's hard to explain. It just came on me all of a sudden. I felt like drinking. I think it was the stress of meeting someone new and having to make idle conversation. Stupid crap like that can set me off. Then I was on my way to pick up a friend of my step son to come spend the night tonight. It's his turn to have a friend over. His friend is very rambunctious.(I think I spelled that right). Anyway, hyper as heck. They are boys, you know. I'm more use to being around girls. So, we pick him up and we're headed back to the house and I got that feeling again. Same thing. I recognized it and then I tried to address it my mind and then chase it out of my head. For the most part it's gone now. But it's almost like a gnawing, anxious feeling. It's always kind of there. Just worse at certain times. I'm cooking dinner now. I would normally drink while I cooked. I thought it made me more creative. I think it's getting a little more difficult because I've been off it for almost a week. I was hoping it would get easier at this point. Generally, I feel good. Just having moments I guess. I'm also a little worried about how I will feel when the feeling of being high on life wears off. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your post exactly resembles what I was feeling last night. One of the neighbor's came over canvassing for the kidney foundation or something and she made idle conversation for over twenty hellish minutes. I so wanted to hit the liquor store and get a six pack of beer. When I was under the influence I could yak & socialize with anyone but in my early sobriety I find conversation with some people downright painful.

Way to stay strong & it's great to know I'm not the only one who's trigger is idle conversation!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
stayingstraight

Mercurial me, When I read this it made me laugh out loud. Thanks for relating.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If not alcoholically impaired it seems I'm socially impaired. Stay strong over the weekend!!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, good job on your progress thus far stay strong!