Notices

Thank You

Old 06-20-2010, 11:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. My two dogs are 10 and 7 years old and I am dreading the day. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

GG
Old 06-20-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by TwelveSteps View Post
I'm so sorry. My two dogs are 10 and 7 years old and I am dreading the day. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

GG
Dont waste a second in dread simply enjoy each second as it is given to us.

Thanks everyone.

Kevin
Old 06-20-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Kevin))) - I'm so sorry I know how much you love Tobi and Rana, and how very hard this is. My cat, Elvis, has feline AIDS and leukemia, and today...he's thin, but okay. I don't know how long I have with him, but like you, I've promised him that I won't let him suffer.

Our furbabies bring us so much joy in life, I truly believe we will all be reunited one day.

Love, hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-23-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I took Tobi to the Vet today, a friend came with me. I was so sad and so full of guilt not being sure if I was doing the right thing, but he was having trouble walking and breathing.

We arrived at the animal hospital and without any further ado where taken into a consulting room. Soon after a Vet came in, Tobi was lying on the floor on a huge blanket. The Vet simply said, oh it’s his time and I see he is having trouble breathing too.

All my guilt flew away, my friend and I knelt by Tobi’s head and the vet was joined by a chaplain and a nurse, as Tobi was dying he lay his head on my lap and died so peacefully. I could feel he was still in the room even after the Vet had said his heart was still beating, The vet left us alone and after a few more minutes of crying and saying goodbye, I suddenly felt he had gone and I looked at him he was so at peace and was no longer bent over from pulling his back legs along.

The Vet came back and said how beautiful he looked, I told them all about Tobi’s life. Rana came in and after checking I was ok, licked Tobi and we left, on the way out I thanked the three receptionists’, they all had tears in their eyes.
Tobi had a good life and was given only dignity and respect at his time of death.
I am of course sad and tearful, but my heart is not broken as it was time and I did what was right for Tobi.

Now I have a bit of work to do and then taking Rana off to Hobart to stay with W.
Thank you so much for your love and support, you have no idea how much you have helped me and Tobi and those around us.

Bye for now Tobi, you will always be in my heart.

Kevin
Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

You are so strong Kevin. You gave Tobi a great life and made the right decision. Enjoy all your time with Rana.

I think this is the first time I have cried since I have been sober.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

..no more pain,tobi....n love 4 u kevin...
Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Dear Kevin, X 1,000,000,000,

My deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved Tobi. I am at peace within to read your story and just know that you did right by your special family member. This is just another beautiful Tribute to Tobi that you would share this special part of you and his life with all of us. My deepest gratitude Kevin.

Love and sympathy, Pancake xo
Old 06-24-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

kevbro,

you did the right thing, a true unselfish act of kindness,

remember that book,

and the next book has started
Old 06-24-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Oh Kevin, I know how hard that was for you but you can be assured you did the right thing for Tobi. You gave him a wonderful life and a peaceful death - what more can any animal lover do?

Tobi is at peace now, out of pain and whole and healthy again. He's running effortlessly in God's Meadow (my name for the place my animals go when they die) and will be waiting there to see you again when your time comes to leave this earth.

Love and hugs for you.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Kevin,

What an absolutely touching journey into Tobi's next life...so heartfelt and dignified. How sweet that Rana kissed him too.

Having trouble walking, and especially breathing, is not really a life. You did the right thing, Kevin. He's out of pain and no longer suffering.

I think the stars are like little peep-holes into heaven, so the next time you look up into a night sky full of them, know that Tobi is up there wagging his tail letting you know that he's okay and loves you.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kev, I hope I can handle it as well when I have that task. You stayed strong for Tobi and he knew nothing but love and security until the very end. If only all animals could be that lucky. No more earthly struggles for Tobi - he was blessed to have you.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

A friend sent me this and I want to share it with you all.

When God had made the earth and sky
the flowers and the trees,
He then made all the animals
the fish, the birds and bees
And when at last He'd finished
not one was quite the same.
He said, "I'll walk this world of mine
and give each one a name."
And so He traveled far and wide
and everywhere He went,
a little creature followed Him
until it's strength was spent.
When all were named upon the earth
and in the sky and sea,
the little creature said, "Dear Lord,
there's not one left for me."
Kindly the Father said to him,
"I've left you to the end.
I've turned my own name back to front
and called you dog, My friend."
Old 06-25-2010, 03:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Kevin, I am so grateful for the life you and Tobi had together. You took such care of each other right down to the last day of his life here on earth. What a beautiful dog and friend - I know you'll be thinking of him a lot and the memories you get to hold close in your heart.

I'll be thinking of you, Tobi, Rana and your family today and wishing you peace and comfort.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Nogard,
I just read your whole post and tears are streaming down my face. I can picture your dear Tobi running through a field at this very moment in doggy heaven. *Huge hug*