Notices

dependency

Old 06-19-2010, 03:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dependency

Saturday morning and doing a bit of thinking I at day 18 now so body has detoxed and I dont physicaly need alcohol.But I am still an alcoholic because although I dont need it My body still on occasions craves it.To my understanding this disease is not just physical but psychological.If I give in to my cravings I know that I will be in the cycle again and I will end up with health,emotional and relationship problems.On day 18 health has improved but still get cravings (not bad).It is at this stage I usualy doubt if I have a problem and tend to forget the bad times drinking and see it through rose colored glasses.I have no intentions of drinking today as I dont want to get back on the merry go round again sick of that.Sorry for the ramble but if posting here with people who understand this disease keeps me sober then what the hey...........................jo
Old 06-19-2010, 03:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Joleah,

I don't know if you are using AA or not, but here is what the big book of alcoholics anonymous (1st edition) has to say, it agrees with you:

The fact is that most alcoholics, for reasons yet obscure, have lost the power of choice in drink. Our so called will power becomes practically nonexistent. We are unable, at certain times, to bring into our consciousness with sufficient force the memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a week or a month ago.
I know I relapsed several times after a month or two without alcohol, thinking "I'll do better this time". I too forgot the suffering of a month ago. Don't let yourself forget what brought you here.

Great job on your 18 days.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yeh I remember what brought me here not going back there with Gods hel I am powerless I know that one drink one little beer and thats it for me battle over.As I have said after my relapse I am not confident now in willpower alone and dont look at life as a future without alcohol.ust today going to stay sober to day and with every passing day with the grace of God to help me cravings will subside.Anybody reading this if you think life with booze is fun that is a big fat lie.Life without booze is the best there is.Wish I could go back to that time of innocence when drink didnt matter.Had a nephew once and remember his words when we tried a drink of cider at age 10 or twelve he said thats disgusting I will never drink well he choked on his own vomit at age 45.Yeh great fun dont show that on the beer commercials.ooops rambling again sorry.I CHOOSE NOT TO DRINK TODAY.................love ....jo
Old 06-19-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't let yourself forget what brought you here.
exactly!