Notices

day 5

Old 06-10-2010, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 5

Will not drink today I have been of work for a week now the doctor found out my blood test results show inflamation I was wondering if alcohol could be causing this.I only ever drank beer.I had inflamed kidneys about 8mths ago and this is the same inflamation althoug effecting my eye now and not my kidneys.I am only on 2 meds now having gotten of paxil.Sorry for rambling about health issues.Just thinking maybe alcohol was the problem.Anyway gotta stay strong cant function on alcohol dont get enough sleep to tiring hiding it sick of the c**p that goes with it 36 years drinking who needs it working towards one month you guys are a great help and encouragement havent been judged on this forum only encouraged....................jo
Old 06-10-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 days. I would suggest you ask the doctor directly about the inflammation. That would be a question I would think he could easily answer. The days will add up and before you know it you will have 1 month under your belt and then aspiring towards your next goal. Keep on!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good job on 5 days! If I remember right, that's about the time when I started feeling good (except for the d*** insomnia, which took about two weeks to get better).

I would ask your doctor about the "details" of your diagnosis, too. Sometimes doctors just don't bother to tell us things, or maybe they think we don't care what it is as long as we get some medicine/treatment for it. Then again, sometimes they don't know. Whatever the case, I hope you get some answers! Hang in there!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi joleah, I am also on day 5. Together we will get to one month and a healthy sober life!

I am sorry to hear about your health issues, but you are certainly chosing a course which can only help.

About what you are saying about not being able to function on alcohol and not getting enough sleep, I completely hear you. At the end I was a like a zombie. I was no good to anyone including myself. I would drink hoping to sleep through the night, but it of course wasn't that easy.

My day 5 has been pretty rough as I have a stressful job, but I am sure this journey we are on will be totally worth it for both of us.

Hang in there!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there, day five is great I wish you the best and will be hoping your troubles abate very soon. Staying sober is key.