Notices

First AA meeting today.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ok, So I went to another meeting today at 6:00 It was fairly large, nice bunch. Got there about 45min early, go to meet with a few more people more ##'s. Everyone pretty much the same thing, call around, ask some questions, go to meetings and absorb what you can till you find a sponser. Its funny how you can get to talking to someone, and its like holy S*** Ive done those same things. Me and a older man talked for a good 30 before the meeting(we were the last to walk in), and today was his 9th year sober. He got his blue chip for another year. I just listened at this meeting because it was about the 9th step. At the end of the meeting he handed me his #, then proceded to reach in his pocket and give me his new chip. He said "here take this, this shows you that there is hope." I was like man you earned it, keep it be proud. He said "It will mean more for you to take it, think about drinking and rember your options". I started thinking I understand what It was for to remind me that it can work for us, it is posible. I was honerd he gave me that, but still your 9th year chip. I'll be on 9 days tommorow, but he also said it isnt about the time we have but today. Im gonna go to the one Ive been going to tommorow at 6:00 and then one at 8:00 that they recomended me going to because it was for young people. That same group invited me to come again a 11:00 tonight. Don't think thats going to happen seeing that my scheduel was like.
Finally go to sleep 3:30
Woke up7:00
Meeting 10:00
misc stuff around the house
1:00 went jogging
3:00 got home from jogging
4:00 left to eat and go to 6:00 meeting
8:30 finally home = wore my butt out
Old 05-29-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Your AA experience is going wonderfully! I am so happy for you...

Keep us posted, I am haaving a hell of a time right now on day 6, its the first really hard time ive had and I think its b/c I am admitting I want to drink RIGHT NOW but I cant and wont but I really want to

Keep it up, I cant wait for a meeting tomorrow!

<3 Dream
Old 05-29-2010, 06:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Dream, Sorry to her your 6th day aint going so well. I craved hard in detox, along with other symptoms. But I couldn't drink if I wanted to because I was a looney case in the hospital. Your strong, and making the right choice by not drinking. Im worried now because I havent been having many cravings since I left the er. Which everyone keeps telling me im on a pink cloud. meaning that one lucky day everything feelings, cravings come out all at once. Have you called anyone from your group to talk about it? I know we can do it, and keep our may 2010dates. Good luck!!! Jonathon
Old 05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

30win

You are walking down the path of recovery. Keep it up! Nine days turns into 18 years in my case one day at a time. I lived in meetings for the first few years.. I asked myself the same question of, what else was better than going to a meeting... In the early days I made 3 meetings on weekends.. Needed something to fill up my time.. Helped keep me from doing stupid things while in the middle of a breakup..

You are doing great! Keep it up.

AG