Notices

Sometimes you have to dig deep

Old 05-16-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
mergirl

((((horselover)))))

I had a rough week last week. I am grateful that I can process all of this pain without numbing, so that I can be fully present when the tides turn and the days are filled with joy again.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Big hugs to you HL, I am sorry you and your friend had to experience that.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=yeahgr8;2599437]My sponsor said to me once, there will be days in sobriety (you know what i mean by sobriety) that the very best thing you can do that day is not drink...now he is old school AA and rarely says stuff like that...but from what you have said reckon your day might have been one of those.../QUOTE]

Thanks so much Yeahgr8. That really means a lot. To know that there will be days when we still have to "just not drink" and that it wasn't me and it didn't matter that I have 2 years. I guess I felt I should have it all down and when that happens maybe that's when you get into trouble. I mean thinking you've got it made and all.

Thank you all and CN - you rock! Always have and are a very good friend.

Today was a really good day folks. Spent the morning with my friend and we taught my son how to ride a horse. Took both our minds off things and it helped. It really did. Just takes time I guess and things don't instantaneously get better because we want them to. That's still the type of thinking that drove me to the insanity.

I know Dee said it is pretty much a foregone conclusion that you can't run to the bottle every time life throws this stuff at you. Guess he's right and he has gotten that a lot quicker then this thick head. Still trying to learn how to deal with the really tough things like this.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((Sarah))) - I'm so sorry, sweetie. I pass by a meadow filled with goats, every day on the way to work, call them "my" goats and I would be devastated if anything happened to anyone of THEM and they're not even mine!! In fact, speaking of gratefulness...they are something I say "thank you, God" for every day when I drive by them, so I can only imagine what a horrible night you had and I'm glad you, your friend and your son had each other.

One of the greatest thing about SR is we "get" that life can throw us a curve ball and out of nowhere comes that thought..."I want to be NUMB!!!" We can come here and I think there will always be someone who understands, no matter what drives us to that feeling.

I'm glad you had a great day. I've had to dig deep to find my "gratitude button" the past few days, but I did find it and it's made a world of difference

Love, hugs and prayers!

Amy