Notices

Good Night Day 3 No Alchol and over a Week no needles!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Thumbs up Good Night Day 3 No Alchol and over a Week no needles!

Thank you SR and God for a good 2nd NA meeting in over 5 years tonight, I really needed to be put in THAT meeting at THAT time tonight and I see You working in my life already....Its a beautiful thing.

I am ready to take on day 4 tomorrow, although my back is REALLY starting to HURT (post spinal fusion surgery nearly 2 years ago where this hell really progressed FAST) but I am going to have to figure out what natural ways to control the pain. I really hope I can get to the point where I can see where my pain level REALLY is being off all the drugs and after the "rebound" or additional "phantom" pains go away b/c i know my sneaky body is trying to sream out and trick me in the one plae I really do have a legitimate disk disease, but its sneakily trying to trick me b.c it knows thats how I ALWAYS gave in before.

BUT NOT THIS TIME...NO NO NO!

Day 4 your mine too, ring it on.....

Good night SR Family. Thank you all!

<3 Dreams (may you sleep well and your dreams be the sweetest to all of you!)
Old 05-10-2010, 11:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

''The most wasted of days is one without laughter.'' EE Cummings

GOD Himself is your friend on your life's journey and HE is never more than half a step away from you.

* We live our lives in knots of frustrations, GOD works miracles.......
* We focus on problems and worries and GOD sees solutions and opportunities..........
* We think in terms of receiving - GOD thinks in terms of giving ...........
* We think what we have to do to fulfil our needs - GOD thinks how HE may achieve HIS objectives!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mamm,

Very good points thank you, I think today Ill try to be more like God, HA thats what all that what woulod jesus stuff do means, never got that one before....you made me understand...or someone did through you...thanks for being the messenger!
<3 Dreams (of more messages like this coming to me ALL DAY that was a great message to start my day, perfect!)
Old 05-11-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

GOD has many treasures available to those who trust HIM and if you walk with HIM and accept the gift of the Holy Spirit, you are spiritually strengthened in your faith! thereby, you can face daily demands and expose temptations and have the strength to live victoriously. - If you long for a spiritual experience to enliven your tired spirit and give you courage to move forward, you need GOD! - You will never walk alone, GOD has met your need by giving you JESUS. - '' and I no longer live, but CHRIST lives in me.'' Gal. 2 v 20 - Well done on making it through another day!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job Dream! You are doing an awesome job and its nice to see you turning and trusting your Higher Power. It definitely will take the load off your shoulders. Just wanted to congratulate you.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i really appreiate that Horselover, such a busy day, I have been going non stop but just have to check in to SR so that I am keeping my recovery first.

Thank you I appreciate it. Cruisin right through day 4!

<3 Dreams
Old 05-11-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

this is very inspiring for me....I'm on day 2......(alcohol) I hope we can be friends.

I also would like the lord in my life!!!!!!!11
Old 05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go dream. Just keep plugging away day to day. I enjoy reading how positive your days keep getting and how you are reflecting in your recovery.

We are reading so keep on sharing!!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Gosh thanks so much guys...this alone is worth staying sober for, I, ME, I am ALREADY helping othes, this is the greatest gift I have ever been given.

I added you both to my contacts and sent friend requests, lets do this together and w/ the rest of SR too.

I feel amazing from your words thank you! I dont want to let you down, I guess thats how this fellowship stuff works <3 Christine
Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The Heart of GOD

As i ponder on how GOD's heart was broken time and time again and yet HE still promises us healing.

Even Paul in Ephesians was so overwhelmed as he thought of the wisdom and scope of GOD's plan that he fell to his knees and prayed to the FATHER:

Paul's prayer

I pray that from HIS glorious unlimited resources HE will give you mighty inner strength through HIS Holy Spirit, and I pray that CHRIST will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in HIM. May your roots go down deep into the soil of GOD's marvelous love, and may you have the power to understand as all GOD's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep HIS love really is . May you experience the love of CHRIST, though it is so great you will never fully understand it.

Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from GOD. Now glory be to GOD! By HIS mighty power at work within us , HE is able to accomplish infinately more than we would ever dare to ask or give hope.

May HE be given the glory in the church and in CHRIST JESUS forever and ever through endless ages. Amen

Ephesians 3 v 14-21

Even the Psamist David

"The LORD hears his people when they call to HIM for help. HE rescues them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted: HE rescues those who are crushed in Spirit. The righteous face may troubles but the LORD rescues them frome each and every one."

Psalm 34 v 17-19

GOD offers comfort to all:

All praise to the GOD and FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. HE is the source of every mercy and the GOD who comforts us. HE comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort GOD has given us.

You can be sure the more we suffer for CHRIST the more GOD will shower us with HIS comfort through CHRIST.

2 Corinthians 1 v 3-5

"A ministry of comfort is born from trouble, but those in trouble must be bathed in prayer. There is a comfort, born in others' prayers, that always lift the Spirit, strengthens the will, and sets the heart on fire for GOD. NONE of this could happen without troubles."

Jill Briscoe
Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for that perfec to ponder better yet try to feel as I pray and doze off to sleep, more like crazh like a ton of bricks after today.
Luckily I am not so miuch (which is EXTREMELY out of character for me)but not so much in understanding this love but as interested as i am in feeling it, I hope I am not looking to hard or trying too hard to feel it (if thats even possiblle) but Im keeping my brain outta this one...I just want to fell it, even in the slightest bit, b/c I know that feeling I felt it when I was saved and worshiped and was a Christian as a teen, but other than that I have been searching, or numbing with drugs and alcohol for the majority of my aduly life so I know there is no way in that stae I can feel His love, but I want to feel it so badly, even in the smallest amount, I want to feel something from Him.
I do believe i have seen proof of him working in my life through SR, and the people here and that are physically coming into my life right now and I know it can only be Him sending me these particular messages and people that I have encountered, but as far as feeling His love, so far nothing. I really want to feel it! I know its possible and I guess thats a good start just like admitting I am an addict and alchoholic, and knowing I am powerless over those things, so I have removed them from my life but to feel that love again, please pray for me that I will feel it as I want to so badly, but thus far I just dont....sadly, but I am being patient, i know it will come and something will fill this big gaping hole in my heart.

He did it beofre I have no doibt I can feel him there again, I am ecited for it, but trying to be patient, its hard but I am waiting.

Today has been rough, that ould be a great thing to end my day with, just a lottle is all I ask for God, let me feel your love, just little to keep me going and help with some of this physical back and subsuquent muscle pain that I am really really really feeling right now.

Thank you all again and to you Maam! I appreciate you very much, mroe han I can put into words right now (well i guess I just did)
k off to bed to pray....
Good Night <3 Dreams (of God voming into my heart and letting me feel His love tongiht, if not tonight Ill wait, but tonight would be superb!!!!)
Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

my heart breaks for you, here is a hug just for u. i aso felt that love when I was a teenager, I wonder to myself as life gets harder we lose that inner peace and build walls instead of letting GOD in? i will pray for us both that we may be rejuvinated with the love of GOD. Remember this ''there is nothing our GOD cannot do!'' sometimes we have to go through these heart wrenching times, so HE can strengthen us and build our characters! just know that no matter what is going on GOD's love is within us, he is carrying you right now, HE cares for you as HE cares for all HE has made. HE called all the stars by their name as HE knows exactly when and what we need. Be strong and courageous. love and blessings..
Old 05-12-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That was VERY sweet Maam as usual but this one especially just what the Dr ordered! <3 Dream
Old 05-13-2010, 12:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

There is power in strong faith

''All things are possible to him who believes..''
Mark 9 v 23

- Nothing is impossible when faith is strong.
- To have faith requires your total trust.

A faith you are willing to make any sacrifice for, is to have a treasure of immeasurable value.

- It gives steadfast direction to your life.
- A vital requirement is that your faith must be worthy of your highest ideal. The power of faith is dynamic.
- When u maintain a noble faith which inspires you, the world u live in will be enriched by it.
- Faith is the courage of the soul enabling it to go further than the eye can see.

- Faith is doing something, without having the courage to do it.

- Faith trusts GOD as we do something courageous, without wanting to.

- Faith is practical - Faith believes... when GOD says '' I am with you always, even to the end of the age''
Math. 28 v 20.

- Faith doesn't say Courage is with me ..... but rather GOD is with me.