Notices

2 weeks down, what to expect?

Old 04-19-2010, 12:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks down, what to expect?

Actually made it past 2 weekends, over 14 days! no booze, minimal cravings. I had huge anxiety problems to begin with, but thankfully, they arent as bad now, maybe they were part of the withdrawal.
What can i expect to come? Just want to know in order to help prepare me. people talk about depression, or the 1st 30 days being the worse. have yet to see any of that, is that liekly to come? i've had 10 long years of drinking, and am scared to go back to that.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What bothers me sometimes is PAWS: Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. It is the lingering changes in the body and brain as you get accustomed to functioning without alcohol. There's a 'sticky' in the Alcoholism forum, I think, that describes it but I can't find it right now. It covers stress, memory problems, insomnia, hard time concentrating or learning new things, emotions all over the place. And stress aggravates PAWS.

Other than it possibly being a 'bumpy ride' for a few months it DOES get better.

here it is:
Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) — Why we don’t get better immediately) Digital Dharma
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey PJ

I don't think anyone can really predict whats coming...but it's not likely to be anything any worse than you've already had.

Try not to sweat it too much

D
Old 04-19-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Anxiety was my biggest issue too...mine was totally due to the alcohol and went away after a few weeks.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by priceyjunk View Post
What can i expect to come?
Well right now since your around two weeks you will start to have the Pink Cloud. That usually starts around the two week period when we get off of the booze and alcohol. This will usually go away but there are some to claim that they never loose it. IMO they are not honest, but I can not judge them. Usually this effect will last for awhile, than it will wear off and you will than start to see issues.

These are the times when you will need to start and focus on other things. Try not to get too down on yourself when it goes away. You will probably start to beat yourself up. Just remember that this is a journey and not a event. Take it day by day and you will be A OK!