Notices

Hey

Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey

just checking in...I fell off for a few days. Today is my day 1...planned this one better. I have 9 days before I have to do any presentations at work, and 4 days off of work starting today. Time to detox and start the steps again. I do want to say, that all of you inspire me and that means a lot. I know the next 2 days are going to be a bit tough, and it gets better every day after that. That's what I am looking for. I have to keep focused on the result, not the immediate moment of WDs and the resulting desire to use alcohol. Man- what a trip I have been through the last year, but really it's been all my life if I think about it. Anyway...
Love and Peace to YOU ALL- Stay Strong
Dub
Old 03-20-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dub, when you talk about the smarter timing to restart the quitting process, I think about how life got in the way of drinking for me. Everything else in the fridge was clutter and there needed to be the brown bottles in there. There needed to be enough time in the evening to experience my friend. Wanting to eat, getting thirsty for water or going to the restroom, having other things come up in life were all obstacles. I don't have the experience that you have, because I didn't really try in multiple bursts to stop drinking, except for years ago. My path was different, it just consisted of a long stretch of "safe drinking" by myself. I was single and drank because I was single and stayed single because I drank. I was extremely lucky I had the golden moment recently, and I don't have the first clue to tell you how I stopped.

Glad you are still interested in quitting and checking in with people here.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks Toronto
Old 03-20-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

glad you have a plan and I hope this will be the success you obviously want and need.

Dub, if I can make it to #33 days without wine, so can you!!! think of how happy you will be in the future....

****{best vibes for our success}}} enjoy your sobriety!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey Dub, good luck this time round...For the guy like me whos fallen on an off this wagon a good few times..I know its a tough nut to crack.. all the best. Kerb.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks - we are in this together, one thing I found out through SR and AA is I am not the only one....I dont feel too bad yet, going to work out in an hour or two....get rid of the jitters.
d
Old 03-20-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Talking

Man I am glad I checked in here today! That put a smile on my face, just sitting here having me a cup of and said RIGHT ON!

Yep whenever we fall we must get back up and dust ourselves off. Today is a new day. Sober One Day At A Time is all that Any of us can do this deal and for me sometimes I have to break it down to minutes. Sit on my hands, but just don't open up that top or we are done. We are so lucky to be able to just show back up alive!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I've said it before, Dub - but you never have to put yourself through this again. We are all here, no matter what happens - but let's hope this will be it. Sending love.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Best of luck on Day 1. Hope it's not to bad for you. Let's pray this is the last Day 1!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
thanks - we are in this together, one thing I found out through SR and AA is I am not the only one....I dont feel too bad yet, going to work out in an hour or two....get rid of the jitters.
d
You Can Do it Man..
Old 03-20-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can do it Dub!

peace out.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you back Dub - like Joanie says, do the work now and you never have to do this again Dub

good luck and best wishes mate
D