Notices

question

Old 02-03-2010, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

question

I have joined this site in hopes for help and support. I am a loved one of n addict. I am learning how to focus on my recovery as opposed to focusing on his addiction...

I have been doing what I thought was best to help my bf with his commitment to his sobriety. (he has been clean and sober from opiates for 20 days now) I have been checking phone records, checking his texts to see who he talks to, took his car keys so he cannot go anywhere without me knowing. Now I am slowly realizing I am just driving myself mad along with trying to cope with the situation....I am here to help me! And others on here if I can.

Should I just give him his car keys and hope he chooses to take the right path to take in life? And forget about looking to see who he talks to all the time?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Hi Vanilla, I'm in no position to offer advice. :-P

But maybe you could post in the "friends and families of drug abuse" section. Lot's of support over there.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again VP

Glad you found the FFSA section

D
Old 02-04-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are dealing with the insanity referred to in step 2, not sure if you are in any other type of program or not. However, it sounds like you mastered step 1, in accordance to yourself, you have admitted you are powerless over your disease, the insanity creeps back in when we start "thinking" that we are not powerless over other's diseases.