Notices

i dont know what to do

Old 01-21-2010, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i dont know what to do

hi

this is my first time on a chat room! i am happy to be here. im a non-drinker and my husband is a binge drinker. he works out west during the week and this week he has spent nearly 400 dollars in alchohol. we have been together for 12 years now and its really getting to me. I turned 30 last week and we have just signed a contract on a house. To me thats the most exciting thing as I feel that I am finally an adult as we have been renting houses from his parents for the past 10 years. When he drinks he turns his phone off and ignores the fact that I even exist. I am not an angry person but when he does this I cant believe how wild it makes me feel. I am funny, intelligent and creative yet when he does this it makes me feel like im nothing. I would never do that to anyone else ever, so why does he do it to me. We have a 3 and half year old who is so much fun and for nearly all of her life I have been living like a single working mum and its really hard. My mum also lives with us as she has secondary breast cancer. Even though there is all this added stress in my life i dont turn to the bottle so why is he allowed? Is it all worth it if I stick it out or is this it?
Old 01-21-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

reya

Welcome to SR.

We have lots of friends and families of alchoholics who can help you

I'm asking a moderator to move your post to the family and friends section and post a link so that you can find it

I know lots of people will respond to give you support once we get it to the correct section,

:ghug3
Old 01-21-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us. There is lots of support and information here.

This is the Friends and Families of Alcoholics forum, and it you might want to check it out:

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information