Notices

anxiety will it pass

Old 12-08-2009, 01:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy anxiety will it pass

I have had tingling in my feet and fingers also extreme anxiety ,prickly ichy feelings sense of i might die for one reason or another willthis pass
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Red face

THIS TO SHALL PASS....THIS TOO SHALL PASSS.....THIS TOO SHALL PASS...THIS TOO SHALL PASS.....THIS TOO SHALL PASS....THIS TOO SHALL PASS..... THIS TOO SHALL PASS.... THIS TOO SHALL PASS.....THIS TOO SHALL PASS.....THIS TOO SHALL PASS
Old 12-08-2009, 01:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unhappy

I hope so its really scary want to live for my family i want to live for me i always said i didnt have a problem always knew i did hope i didnt inflect to much damage
Old 12-08-2009, 01:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you're talking about withdrawal anxiety, yes, it will pass. Withdrawal, the worst of it, for me, anyway, usually lasts a few days. The anxiety gets me worse than anything. But yes, it will pass. Try some chamomile tea, that helps me relax a bit. there are other herbal remedies for anxiety. These can be found in most drugstores or natural food/organic food stores.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Scamy04

If you're worried, please see your Doctor

Welcome to SR

D
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I would see a doc about the tingling, in regards to the anxiety, it will at a minimum lessen substantially the longer you go without a drink, but this does not always hold true for every one, we are all different.

I learned a lot about how to deal with anxiety in meetings from other alcoholics in recovery who had a lot more time sober then I did, once I finished takiing the steps with my sponsor it all but dissappeared. I still get it every once in a while, but very mildly and I deal with it easily today knowing it will pass.

I would suggest seeing a professional for help if you are working a program of recovery and still sufferiing anxiety attacks, they may prescribe some sort of med to help you deal with it, these meds are a waste of time if one is still drinking while taking them and could have possible deadly side effects.

Stay sober, work a program of recovery, & if anxiety is still a major problem after staying sober for a few months then see a professional.