Notices

Monday Morning

Old 11-23-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Monday Morning

Nothing's wrong this morning. It's Monday morning, grey clouds, naked trees. Another sober weekend just past, I think my 63rd, but this isn't about counting days.I have to be at work soon.

My daughter is home for Thanksgiving ... My oldest son will be Wednesday ... Neither one has a car that works and I'll have to find a way to help get them running.

But I can't do that right now. Nor can I fix the leak in the ceiling. I have a few things to do today at work I'd rather not.

I used to take a pill. That would help my hangover and get me psyched up and I'd forget these little pesky things. Now I don't have to.

So nothing's really wrong, some things are very right. How do I get through the day? What's in store, just a dreary Monday? Maybe.

I don't worry about these things. If I do my part, pack up my laptop and go to work, make the arrangements to do things I have to, God will do His.... No matter what happens, it's OK.

I'm a lucky guy. Some would say I'm blessed. I would too. I have found true faith in recovery. I think that's what some mean when they say.... "I am a grateful recovering alcoholic..."
Old 11-23-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

good morning Cubie . sounds like a good place for the Serenity .
As things happen and they always do , Its tuff at times we wanna try and fix it now ! Were not Superman nor are we Wonderwoman , were only capable of fixing what we can at this moment .
Your Kids will figure out a way to get there cars fixed , after all they got there didnt they .. Things will be okie .. after all its Monday .. Hopeing for a lil Serenity in the mind for you today .. Peace ~ Endzy ~
Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's it, Mark!

I used to think I had to do it all and that I had to do it all perfectly. Now, I try to prioritize and just do what I can.

I'm glad things are going well.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey there!! Welcome to Monday!! I have just gone through my entire list of things to do today. The only thing left is going to the gym. All else on my little dry erase board is gone except for "Gym". Hee hee.....

Hope your week is wonderful!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Have a great time with your family.