Notices

StopMe!

Old 10-21-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
it's all happening

Saphie, congrats on your decision to stay sober on Friday. I just hit 30 days on Monday, and celebrated by buying a new pair of shoes. Celebrated two weeks sober by purchasing a new calendar for my purse, and celebrate every Friday by buying big bottles of overpriced sparkly water (with fresh limes -- my special weekend drink.)

You can do it. Keep coming back here if you need help, or just to write out what's going on in that noggin!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Saphie - the alcohol is your solution -- so what is your problem? Think about what is causing the anxiety or what ever is making you feel incomplete (such that you think alcohol can fill the void).

Focus on fixing the real problem. Yes, celebrate - but celebrate by being good to yourself.

When I feel like you do, I go and read the Friends and Families section of SR. It gives me perspective.

So, eat that funnel cake (heck eat two). Just don't expect that alcohol will do anything but make you worse off.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good to hear your feeling better Sophie Have fun while your dog walks you later
Old 10-21-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm just seeing this now, Saphie - I'm so proud of you for coming to the conclusion that you did. Everyone else has already said it, but I'll agree - each and every time I tried to have "just a nice glass of wine" it became a bottle, or two - then drinking the next day -and off on a binge once again. Once we let our guard down there's no telling where we'll end up. Congratulations!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

How ya holding up?

You OK? don't drink. Keep us posted and write if you need us.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
part time member

I went to the wedding and I am proud to say that I had nothing alcoholic to drink. It was a nice wedding and I don't feel that I really missed out on anything. I kept thinking that I would have to stop coming to this site because I would be so ashamed of myself. If the people here can do it...so can I. 20 days today.

My husband of course thought he needed to drink for the both of us..but that is ok...he is now sleeping.