Notices

What Did You Say?

Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you. I think there are a lot of mis-perceptions about AA. I had a lot of them myself, and am only now really starting to learn about the program and how it can help me be my better self. - ES
Old 10-20-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you for telling me about your experience. I typically avoid my parents when I have been drinking (other then the debacle at my sister's wedding this summer which was only a "secret" in my own drunken mind)... but because they are often watching my kids on these nights they get to see me the next day which probably told the whole story. And now that I am getting some early clarity here in my first week, I can see that they must have known for a while. And they probably would support me if I had the courage to tell them. One day I might. But I really appreciated what you said about your story potentially helping someone else. It already helped me. - ES
Old 10-20-2009, 06:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That is true, and I am hoping that I will have a better grip on "friendship" as I recover. I just have not really had many friends that were not drinkers - I am sure that I avoided this because it isn't fun to be wasted and have to think about how you look to someone sober. So I have hand picked the partiers and they have rarely seen me sober. But over the years, I do think I have some real friendships in there. I hope I can be a bit of the same person...I hope I can still be fun just without the big dose of wildcard crazy.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you. The letter I wrote to my husband was the hardest letter I have ever written. But he needed to know this wasn't a "break" that I was coming back from. I don't know if I will ever tell my parents - I hope I don't need to. I also have small children, and I really appreciate your ideas about one day telling them. - ES