Notices

I'm suffering...

Old 09-08-2009, 11:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Glad you two found the forum There's lots of support and encouragement for you here. I hope to see you in the chatroom again soon. Take good care of yourselves.

BTW- You might want to use the chatroom to talk more fluidly...
Old 09-08-2009, 11:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I posted a link to this thread minute - cos RX didn't want to have to go back to my posts everytime...and I posted a link to the Substance Abuse forum here at SR

I'm in Australia so any numbers I have won't be any good for you but I think the Salvation Army helpline is pretty much the same the world over...google your local area maybe?

...and I'm a guy

best wishes to you both
D
Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Perfect, I will catch up with you tm then and if I can help in any way, I'm here. I know how hard this is rxw, you are not alone! There are a lot of us here with you. Check your thread later I bet a lot of smart people will reply to your post. You better get in bed if ya gotta get up and go into work in the morning!!! Stay strong get on your knees and ask for help from the main man. He loves you and is listening always. Talk with ya soon
Old 09-08-2009, 11:44 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Dee, I got several local numbers off the site you sent me. It was really helpful, thanks so much.
PS I'm a girl LOL
Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

LMAO so we're even minute

here's some USA numbers...I can't couch for them obviously but they might be a start - I'm assuming the crisis line is 24 hrs...

National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and drug Information
1-800-729-6686

National drug and Alcohol treatment referral Service
1-800-622-2255

Alcohol and Drug Crisis Line
1-800-234-0420
D
Old 09-09-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

rxw if you live in the US it is illegal for your doctor or any other health care service of any type to let your employeer or any one else know unless you give them permission.

I am an alcoholic and when I went through detox my employer nor any one else knew.

rxw do not let your addiction convince you that it is dangerous to seek out help, it is a whole lot more dangerous to keep using!

What would your employeer think if you got busted? No hiding that.

rxw you are not alone in this, Check out NA, you do not have to say a word, just go in, grab a cup of coffee, sit down and listen, you will learn that not only are you not alone, but that there is a solution for your problem.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi rxw,

Welcome to SR.

You have taken a huge step forward in your struggle to build a new life by posting here and openly seeking help with your addiction. This group of people are really special, for they know first-hand the difficulties you now face and are willing to help in any way possible.

If you are like me, alcohol was my "gateway" drug to harder stuff when I used cocaine. It always started with a few beers, I thought they were harmless, but I was wrong. The mix of alcohol and cocaine nearly killed me, I suffered my first heart-attack at 38, after a night of mixing booze and cocaine. After the heart-attack and surgery, I stopped using cocaine, only to find that alcohol had me in a grip that has lasted for years. I am now trying to learn how to live alcohol-free and it is a struggle each day. Today is day 9 this time around. I hope you are able to address the drug problem before you suffer the same consequences I experienced. I too, spent tons of money and nearly lost every thing I owned, and would have, if my family had not stepped in and helped me get away from the dealers and the toxic environment that drugs lead you to deal with. My main problem is with alcohol and learning to live life on life's terms. I expect too much and don't want to work for it, so I whine when I don't get my way. I'm trying to learn to live differently and sometimes it takes every thing you've got to make the change stick. It has taken everything from me several times, but I still have my life and it's my choice as to whether or not I will continue to **** it up. You have the same choice. It's not too late to choose wisely and turn the tides in your life, if you're willing to really try. It's not easy, but many have done this and so can we.

Asking for help is often the only way to face our own powerlessness and that's a start.