Notices

Hopeless?

Old 09-06-2009, 10:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So much good advice......I myself am still trying to take it all in?..?.. it's a lot harder then expected....
my only defense lately is a closed door
This is not my quote....but a good one
"even if the world was ending...i wouldn't"
there is NO reason or EXCUSE to make me ever again
Old 09-06-2009, 10:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's been some great advice here Noro - I really hope you think about it and reconsider.
Don't let fear - what might happen - hog the drivers seat.

I think you owe it to yourself and your family to give yourself the best shot here, Noro....but it's up to you

good luck
D
Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Originally Posted by Noro View Post
I have done it before, after a long whiskey binge, and survived.
I did that too--whiskey was my thing--last summer. Then, last October, I tried it again... and a surprisingly quick response by the paramedics is why I'm here typing this.

I urge you to reconsider.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

Dear Noro,
YOU ARE NOT HOPELESS!!!!!
In fact you display amazing insight for a fellow as young as 2!!!. You are just unwell with all the complexities of this addiction stronghold.
Often recovery can be like "peeling an onion" revealing new layers of understanding into its deadly process.
I would definately reach out and get as much help as you possibly as your recovery must come FIRST
Old 09-07-2009, 01:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Boleo;2356654]Hopeless? No. Beyond human aid? Maybe!

What you need to learn is that there some things in life that are just plain paradox's;

1. You must suffer to get well

2. You must surrender to win

3. You must give it away to keep it

4. You must die to be reborn[/QUOTE

..should keep your words soft and sweet..
Old 09-07-2009, 02:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by joedris View Post
Noro, As I said, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time. You've tried this route to sobriety before and it didn't work, so you'll try it again. I must be missing something here as I can't see why you think this time you'll be successful. I suspect that you're looking for an easy, soft way to sobriety. There is no easy, soft way, and I'm afraid that you'll eventually find that out - the hard way.
..i'm no sure that i agree..
..sometimes it's good to to read posts..
....other peoples insanity..is simply rewarding..lol.. Oz..
Old 09-07-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I've also got a medication prescribed for the hyperactivity/high blood pressure parts of ADHD called Clonidine that I've read is helpful in withdrawals. I think this along with the Ativan should get me through. This is my first day sober. There are a few beers in the house, so if things really do get bad then I'll drink a little bit before something bad happens. But I think I'll be OK. Again, thanks everyone for the encouragement. And now for my Day 1..

By the way, I'm looking into rehab options. I don't have any insurance or money (my family's helping me out with the doc payments which I can't stand having them do). I lost my job over these past two drunken weeks.. so I've got nothing right now. But I'll find out about some AA/NA meetings around here and maybe some outpatient rehabilitation. I can't slip back into that mess again. I should know better know that there's nothing to gain. I think I know better now.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Still here, still rooting for you, and wishing you the very best Noro.

But still being a stickler about honesty with the doc.

Self medicating is playing Russian Roulette with ourselves...I did it, and as others have

said here, almost bit it.

I do understand where you are coming from, and how!

Whatever you do...know that, you have already made friends here at SR.

And we don't judge..if you feel that..ignore it.

Please keep posting..we sure care about you. Let us know what happens.

Blessings!
Old 09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks, IO Storm. I'm still sober today, feels fine, but this isn't even remotely the hard part just yet. The meds are keeping me calm and I'm actually in a decent mood.

Yeah I'm thinking I should be honest with the doc about the relapse. Just with the doc. The Adderall, I really don't think is a big deal. I didn't abuse it that much really cos he didn't give me big doses. I did screw up on it, but I've got it under control and have my therapeutic dose. I've got no interest in abusing it anymore. Or anything. I feel like the last thing I ever want again is a high or a buzz or to be drunk. It's so stale and redundant. Boring and just depressing. I just need to get past this part of my life for good. I want to be honest with my doc about the relapse so that he can have the right idea of my drinking issues, and maybe he and I will talk about rehabs in the state.

Right now I am dead set on sobriety. The idea of abusing again repulses me. All I can picture is the pathetic condition I was in and the state of my life that I now am in the process is repairing. Halfway through Day 1, still sober.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Way to go Noro!

Just keep working past that fear. You have the desire.

This is the only requirement to begin to get well...and then the effort.

Guidance from your doc...any doctor I have ever had only tried to help me.

I pray yours will guide you well...

Sounds like a lot of hope going on today there from this side of the screen.

Try to make it through the est of the day..an hour, a minute at a time if you

must.

Prayers out.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Right on Noro, I like what I am reading today. I broke my nice clean 1,000th post on here to cheer you on

Beat this horrible life consuming addiction, we deserve a better life.

Take Care,

NB
Old 09-08-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks, NewBeginning, you're exactly right. I'm halfway through Day 2. I'm taking Clonidine (known to be really helpful in withdrawals) and Ativan and haven't had a panic attack yet, and don't feel like I'm even close to one.

There are those moments though, when I know there's beer in the house and it's like for that moment I forget everything I'm trying to do. But I'm getting good at talking myself out of it. I think that's a big step. Learning to question and challenge yourself through all this. I guess in a way I'm finally growing up.

Going to school tomorrow for the first time in years, sober as can be, and seeing the doctor on the 10th and I think I will fill him in on the relapse. I hope that turns out okay. I don't want him to try to put me back on mood meds ...
Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I relapsed. I can't promise I'll be back. I thank you all for the support..
Old 09-18-2009, 11:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here's the very place you should be right now Noro - it's what SR is all about.
I hope you reconsider and stay

D