Notices

In Sobriety the Only Thing That Changes Is Everything...

Old 07-26-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In Sobriety the Only Thing That Changes Is Everything...

...from a book title. 4 months sober today, and I am calling about an apartment to rent. I'm moving out of my house and away from my wife as we plan a 6 month "trial separation". Seems she didn't like my drinking but she misses the guy sh fell in love with who was a drinker. She doesn't know the sober me, as if I do. The longer I'm sober the tougher the relationship.Years of anger, resentment, mistrust, etc. As she says, I haven't been remorseful enough or suffered enough for the crime of being an alcoholic, even though she misses the alcoholic. Ain't life a kcker. So some apartness so we don't do or say things that are irrepairable. Will continue to see a therapist, work couples program, get together socially but also work on our own issues. We'll see. Recovery is a lot more than just sobriety although sobriety is the key to recovery. What a long strange trip it is.

“When we search for the pure land, the place of peace, the right philosophy, the ultimate abode, or whatever, believing there’s really something ‘out there’ waiting to be found, we set ourselves up for disappointment. There isn’t any such thing. But as long as we keep thinking in such terms, we’re headed for either of two designations. Either we remain naïve and callow or we become grim, crusty, and cynical.”—Steve Hagen

Not wanting to be neither naive nor cynical I shall accept what is and see what we make it, momemt by moment. I have my sobriety, I have my life back, possibilities are endless. Whatever happens, happens and it will be ok,the stuff of life and lives. I know today I have 4 months. Namaste
Old 07-26-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It will be okay!!! I am recently divorced. It's not the end of the world. It's a new beginning. With being sober, you have endless possibilities from here forward. It will work out how it's supposed to -- I really believe that.

Namaste.

Last edited by traderjane; 07-26-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: missed word
Old 07-26-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Congratulations on the 4 months, Fitz!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Congrats on your 4 months!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

4 Months is FANTASTIC!!!

Sorry to hear about the separation but sometimes these changes can be good for us. My hubby and I split for a year and a half (10 years ago before we got married) and it was a great way for us to see that we really do love each other and when we got back together we were more committed than ever to make it work. I am sure whatever happens in the end will be the best thing for the both of you. Life has a way of working out the way it should... especially when we are living it sober and for real.

Keep on keepin on!