Notices

You pulled me through....

Old 07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
You pulled me through....

Thanks SR....

You probably get fed up with these posts but i just wanted to thank you... the folk on these boards and the chat room...

Some one wrote a post about back to basics and i agree...

I have not been well for a couple of weeks (chest infection) and have been struggling to breathe... generally taking care of myself.
I was signed off work for 2wks by the doctor and this has not helped... i need to work... it keeps me going.

Anyway... i tried to support a friend recently through a hard time... i managed to do that but really wasnt in any fit state and it all back fired on me....
They are fine... i am not so... but i am getting there....
I ended up physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausted.... and i nearly took the option to drink...

I let that addictive brain of mine nearly win.... but i came here and used my real life support group and am now trying to work through it.

I spend so much time trying to help other "getting out myself"... that i forget sometimes i need to listen to MY needs too... something a really good friend has been trying to drill into me...

I have had real trouble sleeping an that hasnt helped either....

Today i woke and decided i am not going to allow this to rule me... if i want to keep my sobriety i have to work at it.... so i have been doing what i need to do to keep me safe....

The doctor wanted me to go to hospital last week for IV antibiotics but i was too scared to go.... he has said that the meds he has given me arent working like they should and that if there is no real change by this coming monday i do have to go in.... i really dont want to go.... but i will.

anyway... this wasnt meant to be a oh woe me post....

This is a THANKYOU to you folk for being here when i needed you and for helpi ng me pull through....
My sobriety means so much to me.... i forget sometimes how fragile it is.... and IF i ever did start to drink/use again.... i honestly dont know if i could get back again... i dont know if i could go through this again.... i think i would choose to let it win....

But for today.... i am the only winner in my life... not some d*mn illness i have.... and you folk help me see that..

Thankyou and be well and peaceful
louis
Old 07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, Louis, I am sorry that you're feeling so sick, and I hope that the antibiotics do their job soon. And, it's good that you are open to going into the hospital, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Louis, I think it's often hard to give to ourselves, what we so eagerly give to others. You need to look after you!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gee I hope you feel better soon Louis.
I wondered why noone had asked me the relative time this week

take care, mate - best wishes
D
Old 07-24-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Louis, thank you for letting us know how you are doing...boy, you have certainly been through it lately, but good for you for taking care of you, and staying sober through it all. I hope you will be feeling much better soon...with all the necessary care...hugs and prayers...
Old 07-24-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome!! Just goes to show you that we can do it, no matter what comes our way. Congrats on a job well done and even while feeling so horrible.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

aaawwwweeee louis,big hugs coming your way,,,much love charmie.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Louis it was really nice to see this thread, you are doing great. Keep taking care of yourself, I'm really proud of you for not drinking through all that happened. You are a good friend.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Keep coming back Louis, carry the message.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry you're not well louis. Great job thinking it through and getting back to focusing on your needs. I hope you are feeling better soon and the trip to the hospital is not necessary.