Notices

Hard and Easy

Old 07-23-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hard and Easy

This is undoubtedly the most difficult task I have ever undertaken. I've been avoiding it for so long because of that very reason. It was soooo much easier to take the path of least resistance and just keep on doing what I was doing, or try moderation (which didn't work for me. If I have a bottle of anything in the house, it doesn't last. Used to amaze me that people had a bottle of liquor or wine in their cupboards for YEARS unopened. For me, once it's opened, it's gone in a couple of days).

On the other hand, this is easy in the fact that all I need for success is to just not drink alcohol. "Just say no" to quote Nancy Reagan. Simple. Don't buy it. Don't drink it.

Sigh...I think I'll go to bed. Or maybe I should just crawl UNDER my bed and hide for awhile....I've never been one to stash bottles anywhere so it should be safe.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand the hard part. But why is it easy? Just curious.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

If hiding under your bed keeps you sober...have at it! But be careful...the longer you're sober, the more you'll find bottles you stashed in the damndest spots!

Whatever it takes. In early sobriety it can be one moment at a time....just say no, is right!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jane,

The reason I say it is easy because the physical act of NOT picking up a glass with alcohol is a simple act, by and of itself. It's all the other stuff in your head that comes into play that makes that one very simple act more difficult to accomplish.

and hi NUT! i never did stash bottles. always left them right on the counter for easy access! i was always one to never let my glass be empty. i'd top it off when it was halfway down. never knew how much i actually drank until i looked the next day.:wtf2
Old 07-24-2009, 03:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Enjoying Sobriety

On Recovery, I was told:
It's the hardest thing you'll ever do....and the most rewarding.
I am believing that more and more each day.
Good Luck to you, and if you have to stay under the bed-go for it. I say whatever works. Here's a h u g 4 you.:ghug3
Old 07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Red, I sure needed a hug from someone who understands. All the SR people seem to understand. It's a good place.