Notices

Affirmation

Old 07-14-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Affirmation

Was going through some of my old "recovery materials" and came across this. Again, unfortunatly, the author is unknown, but I am going to tape it to the mirror in my bathroom, as it really speaks to me.

AFFIRMATION

In the infinity of life where I am, all is perfect, whole and complete. The past has no power over me because I am willing to learn and change. I see the past as necessary to bring me where I am today. I am willing to begin whre I am right now to clean the rooms of my mental house. I know it does not matter where I start, so I no begin with the smallest and easiest rooms, and in that way I will see the results quickly. I am thrilled to be in the middle of this adventure for I know I will never go through theis particular experience again. I am willing to set myself free. All is well in my world.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great Tyler. Prior to getting sober I had read a book where there analogy of 'cleaning house' was used as a means of letting go of the past. I've used this philosophy for about 2 years now, I know that the life I had is part of what makes me who I am but I've pulled out all the bad stuff and had a 'huge bonfire' and set myself free. People comment regularly to me that I always seem so happy and it's because I am. Life is beautiful, I'm over 50, no SO no really close friends but through sobriety I have found such an immense inner peace for which I thank God every day.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Thats nice tyler thanks for sharing it.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Nice affirmation, tyler...real nice.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing.