Notices

How many of you lost alot of weight since quitting?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I lost some, but now I want to lose even more. I have been low carbing it and have dropped about 5 pounds in a week. It feels good and gives me a bit more confidence this Summer and also helps my back. I do a lot of standing and in fact, I stand for 9 hours a day when working. It helps not having to carry more then necessary.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dear Waterman,

Wow! Lots of good feedback for you. When I drank so heavily before I got sober I had gained the MOST weight ever in my entire life!! It was just gross and it was also from not only the booze but the such "Unhealthy choices" of food that I would eat. Sure....get drunk on an empty stomach to make the high better and then wait until late at night to pig out on fatty foods like nachoes gobbed with sour creme, hoards of cheese and all kinds of sauces to add to the pile of grub!!

When I got sober, I wanted to live "Healthy" which included eating healthy! I discovered the Low GI (Glycaemic Index) diet which is for diabetics really but in European countries a very popular way of life for many others as well. Best thing I ever did next to getting Sober I say!! I have lost 45 pounds without STARVING myself on some ridiculous diet that is a fad!! I feel great now and look healthy! As others have said, now a normal healthy BMI too unlike the Obese Self that I was when drunk!

I wish you all the very best in your new Journey Waterman!

Love Pancake XO
Old 06-29-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have gained weight. Eating more sweets and it seems harder to feel full and satisfied when hungry. Bad at the end of day and I'm working harder now to at least avoid eatinge before bed. I'm at 50 days tomorrow, so I'm still new to sobriety. Per Taz and others, my sobriety comes first, but as I grow in confidence, I hope to focus more on weight loss.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I gained.. I didn't eat much when I drank.. I wanted to drink instead, and didn't want the food effecting my buzz. LOL.. sick thinking.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I can relate to most of your posts on this issue, especially the late-night drinks and resulting food binges after the last drink. Been there.......
Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I've put on weight from being on pills. First 2 weeks of nothing in my system I lost 20 lb. I'm still over my ideal weight but it was awful. I was actually dhyrating. One night I lost vision in one eye not black out but so severely blurry I couldn't see. I forced myself to drink a bunch of water and it ce back to normal in a few hours very scary
Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

In the first few months I lost about 30 pounds and lost more after that. My eating habits were so poor whilst drinking that I made a conscious effort to eat healthier and get some exercise as well.