Notices

Day 4

Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Today I am really feeling good physically, but emotionally I am sick.
I now realize all the people I have let take advantage of me because between binges, I have felt so damn guilty that I have forged very bad relationships with people. It is overwhelming.
My marriage is over, I am the cook and housekeeper for a man who does not love me anymore and is staying in the relationship only because our mortgage is paid and he doesn't want a new place, he is waiting until our 15 year old son turns 18 so he doesn't have to pay child support. He drinks, and hangs out with his friends and when drunk enough, he tells me he does not love me anymore.

So what to do, right now, I think the only thing that I can do is focus on my recovery, fully. Nothing else can be changed right now. Focus on me, go to meetings, eat properly and exercise. By focusing on all these problems I am going to go right back to drinking which I do not want to do.

So just for today, I am going to focus on getting well, I am going to go to a lunchtime meeting. I am going to eat healthy food.

I will trust God to help me take care of the problems I have. I will not listen to the negative comments my husband says about me and my weight. I am loveable, and deserve love and compassion.

:praying:praying
Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Excellent plan! You know it's also YOUR choice to stay or go hun..
Old 06-23-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's true that sometimes the reality of what we have to deal with, when we begin recovery, is hard to take. Maybe time will change your marriage situation and make it more positive, but either way, staying sober will help you.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That does not sound like a supportive environment at all but putting your sobriety first is a good plan and everything else will sort itself out.