Notices

Thoughts

Old 06-17-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thoughts

I thought about drinking!!! I know I won't because I am too darn stubborn to lose the fight. I have been feeling sick again; first with a sinus infection, then pink eye, now I woke up with a fever sore throat and glands. I had planned on a mountain bike ride today, but that's now out of the question. We are supposed to go camping this weekend, hopefully by then I will be okay.

I have also been feeling troubled by the death of a high school friends young son. I never met the boy; but of course it still rips my heart out. His funeral is Friday, and I’m still deciding whether or not to go.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to post and get some of this off my chest. I'm doing much better than I was for awhile there; just hitting some bumps in the road.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Hitting bumps in the road means that you are moving forward.
Thank you for helping me stay sober by sharing part of your life!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I think about that to once in a while. Then, I go hit myself with a hammer and the thought goes away!

Try a woman's meeting ok
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sorry you're feeling ill, Too, but I'm glad you aren't drinking.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I think about drinking pretty often Suz, I just don't act on it. Heck, it's not like I'm going to wash away the memory of something I did daily for 27 years, right?

There have been so many memorial services in our homegroup lately, the faces are starting to haunt me a little. A 20 year old guy OD'd a few days ago. I just can't get used to the fact that I'll never see these people again.

Hope you have nice weather for the camping trip
Old 06-17-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
I think about that to once in a while. Then, I go hit myself with a hammer and the thought goes away!

Try a woman's meeting ok
The woman's meeting is on my list of things to do. I just can't seem to get to one, like I said... I'm stubborn!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry things are stressful right now - I think about drinking sometimes too Suzette - but like Astro said, we just can't act on it anymore.

It never once solved a problem for me anyway

I hope you feel better soon. Please hit that meeting if you think you need to
D
Old 06-17-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah...I hate those sick feelings. They seem to come on in bunches. One leading to another and then another and so on. But once its over, you feel better than you did before it happened because you appreciate good health for a few days. I hope you feel better soon because, I know, it sucks feeling under the weather. Dont drink, you'll be fine before you know it.

As far as the funeral...in my opinion, I think you should go and show support for your friend. If you dont you will always second guess your decision. I've never heard of anyone second guessing their decision when they went to a funeral...only when they decided to miss it.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

The first year and even the second year of being sober is tough. You open up the flood gates with many emotions you've subdued by drinking.

Actually, if you're thinking about drinking, you've got an idle mind that's the devil's workshop!!

Clean house, get busy working on projects you've put off. Got any hobbies you like to do? Got any catching up to do with family and friends? Think, in past posts, there was mention of exercise. walking is cheap and easy.

You'll find in time, the only time you're reminded of drinking is on here at a meeting or working with a sponsor or sponcee if, you elect to try AA.

We don't get sober not to have a normal life, we get sober so we can lead productive lives.

Except for going to bars, there's nothing I don't do now, I didn't do while drinking and I wake up each day and recall what a great time I had the night before
Old 06-17-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Suzette,

Getting through the hard times is what makes us stronger. It really does!

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

listening to insperational songs or just humming certain tunes in my mind got me through many a gloomy period , one what sticks out the most is one day at a time. cant remember the lady's name who sang it it was kinda country and western. love it. hope your tune comes to mind. you'll get through it with each passing day you are getting stronger.And look forward to your break away, even if it rains, like the latest song by (James Morrison) is to go by. Wow, sober living is having fun in the rain. in fact i haven't said hi to you, congrats on your willingness on getting through what you've gone through, because sometimes every second counts.Best wishes for you whist you travel on life's journey of hope and surrender x[COLOR="Cyan"][COLOR="cyan"][COLOR="cyan"]