Notices

The ole will to live

Old 06-16-2009, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The ole will to live

is slowly coming back. It's not that I didn't want to live, I just don't want to screw up any more of my life, cause it's no fun living with the screw ups. After reading about alcohol being a depressant, it's little wonder why it makes us sick of life, it bums me out whenever I think I'm having such a great time sucking down tons of the junk. I wonder how long it takes to truly detox from this crap, like it's probably in all of my fat cells, which are very plentiful due to cases and cases of beer, so I wonder if I can get drunk just by exercising and releasing some of the toxins into my bloodstream. Or, maybe I'm just looking for another excuse to skip working out tonight, lol.

One week today, (again) and I feel much better, but it's still touch and go, so I'll keep coming here to try to stay on track this time around.

Thanks for allowing this ole drunk to have a place to come to when the chips are down. Love to all.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Firestorm you made me laugh. I agree, "it sure isn't fun to live with the screw ups."
I'm very sure most of us have regrets, but we can't turn the clock back, now we move on and live with it the best we know how.
Congrads on the 1 week! From one old drunk to another.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey tallcactus,

I lived near Parker AZ for a couple years, used to love looking down at the Colorado each morning while having coffee to ease my hangover, lol. I just replied to you on the screenname thread, as apparently you were replying to me here at the same time. Great minds think alike, lol. Thanks for the support.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Firestorm,
Never been to Parker, AZ, just drove threw. Yes, great minds do think alike and whatever is left of mine, is still great. Where are you from ? (meaning, where do you reside now) New here, just joined a week or so ago. Trying to find my way around. How do you say thank you to posts written?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi tallcactus,

There are buttons to the lower right of the replies that you can hit to say thanks. For me, they don't work all the time, but seem to work better if I hit thanks in more than one post at a time.

I now live in SoCal, about an 8 hr. drive from Tucson. When I passed through Tucson a few years ago, I loved the scenery and thought about staying, but continued on. Went to a couple attractions there, an Old West attraction, can't recall but Tombstone or OK Corral come to mind. Also, we took a trip into a canyon, the scenery there was spectacular. Funny thing happened while there, there was a guy jogging behind the tram, wearing tights who was real healthy in one area and appeared to be aroused, all of the ladies just couldn't take their eyes off this guy, lol. Oops, sorry, this is a recovery site, all age groups included.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think you are talking about Old Tucson studios. (Wild west attraction, it has since burned down.)
Anyway, your posts are way too funny, really loved the healthly part....
Keep me laughing.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That was'nt me in the tights..welcomed the banter!....to say thank-you,
I yell out the window..... ...Oz.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mergirl

pima county's correction facility was a pretty nice room and board when I was about 18
Old 06-17-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I like to do exercise to sweat out all of those 'evil' things in my fat cells.

And, yes, it does give me a sense of euphoria, as well as a huge sense of accomplishment.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ozboy, thanks for the laugh first thing this morning.

Lisa, sorry, I missed the jsil attraction, lol.

tommyk, I did my exercise last night, kinda late, like 10:30, cause the guilt was killing me, and now I'm sore, but it's a good kind of sore, not from a drunken stupor.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah, it sure is a tough battle sometimes. Especially when we try to think our way through it/out of it.

I am also trying to work on living in the present moment & thinking positive thoughts about myself & others. We are usually way too hard on ourselves.

Be kind to yourself FS ;-)

NB