Notices

My new skin

Old 06-05-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking My new skin

Happy friday!

53 days sober for me today! yay

I am really starting to accept my alcoholism. I am not choking on saying "hi my name is Maureen and I'm an alcoholic" so much anymore at meetings. It still isn't rolling off my tongue nicely yet but I'm not choking!! I'm sure that will come with time. I guess the denial is starting to recede. I feel very confident and grateful for my new sober life and everything in it. I am also starting to feel more comfortable in my new skin and I am happy about that. In the first few weeks of sobriety I was really questioning everything but I feel myself starting to surrender. It is a freeing feeling. Life is good.

Have a super weekend everybody.

Namaste

Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

It took me some time as well to start feeling comfortable in my own skin sober, but as I took the steps it came and I will say it is awesome!!! Congrats on your growth and your time sober.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Acer! Adjusting to ones new self can be quite an experience, it certainly has been for me, it's been 99% joyful.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 53 days Acer!! It took me a while to get used to saying that also but now that I realize that it really helped me to accept the fact that I was indeed an alcoholic and just give it up.

The big surprise for me was that the craving, desires and need for alcohol went away. Life is so much better without the booze!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Congratulations Acer on your 50+ days. First time I came into rooms it was very hard to say Hi my name is Donna and I am an alcoholic, went back out and added drugs to my story. I was so happy to get back into rooms this time I now add alcoholic/addict to my name and have no problem doing it, because I proved to myself that it is exactly what I am. Keep coming back
Old 06-05-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats. It took me awhile to feel comfortable in my sober skin but once it started happening it couldn't be beat. Your post title reminded me though how your actual skin starts to look so much better and the compliments just start rolling in on how damn good you look even by people who don't know what is different. Maybe looks shouldn't be a motivating factor but not gonna lie they certainly help a little bit in the beginning.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 06-05-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Hooray!!