Notices

Asking for prayers for my little beagirl

Old 05-30-2009, 05:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Unhappy Asking for prayers for my little beagirl

She's got a urinary infection. Been peeing constantly, even in the house. I managed to get a urine specimen and am taking her to my loving vet this morning. I have no money to pay him but he's seeing her anyway. Please pray for her that she isn't too sick and that my vet can cure her illness. She's nearly 13 yrs old and has been my constant companion for the last 11 yrs.

THis is the first time she's been sick in a long while. She acts like she's in pain when she pees so it must be pretty bad. So if you don't think my request for prayers for her is silly, please pray for a speedy recovery. Thank you!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Oh least..That is never silly. I know my animals have been the only ones who have seen me through some tough tough times in the past.
I am thinking of you and sending goodd wishes. I am not a prayer hon. Sorry. But I am thinking and hoping she gets better. And you just hang in there. I have a feeling she is in good hands.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hope everything goes okay S its good the vet will see her. Prayers to you & doggie
Old 05-30-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prayers for your loved one.

Mark
Old 05-30-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Old 05-30-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's definitely not silly.

Hopefully the urinary infection can be healed with antibiotics. Prayers for you and your furry friend. And, prayers of thanks to your vet for showing such kindness.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by least View Post
She's got a urinary infection. Been peeing constantly, even in the house. I managed to get a urine specimen and am taking her to my loving vet this morning. I have no money to pay him but he's seeing her anyway. Please pray for her that she isn't too sick and that my vet can cure her illness. She's nearly 13 yrs old and has been my constant companion for the last 11 yrs.

THis is the first time she's been sick in a long while. She acts like she's in pain when she pees so it must be pretty bad. So if you don't think my request for prayers for her is silly, please pray for a speedy recovery. Thank you!
Hi Least,

I will pray for her...My cat had a urinary tract infection a few years back and it was very expensive, luckily at the time I had some money saved...I took him to the vet and he was fine after that, so she will be okay...no worries...That is wonderful of the vet to see her for free, sounds like a great person...They will take good care of her.:ghug3
Old 05-30-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

God bless your vet for his good heart and for his care of Beagirl...I know this is hard watching our furbabies in trouble...sending prayers for the best for Beagirl...((Least))
Old 05-30-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers for your loved one....my kittie "Nibbles" is my 'baby'.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just came back from the vet. It was a urinary tract infection and she's now got ten days of Cephalexin to take. My vet allows me to make payments on my bills cause I usually don't have enough money to pay it all at once, especially at the end of the month. He also snipped off and cauterized a wart on her head that had gotten bigger. He also expressed her anal glands. He didn't charge me for either of those two things, just for the visit and her antibiotics. My vets are wonderful people and I trust them totally.

Thanks for your prayers. It means a lot to me.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I am so glad that it is just a UTI. After even a couple of doses of her antibiotic she will start feeling better.

My vet allows me to make payments on my bills cause I usually don't have enough money to pay it all at once, especially at the end of the month. He also snipped off and cauterized a wart on her head that had gotten bigger. He also expressed her anal glands. He didn't charge me for either of those two things, just for the visit and her antibiotics. My vets are wonderful people and I trust them totally.
Yep, I have a vet like that also. Have been with him for years, and when I wa in my worst health and no money, I had some emergencies with the fur babies. My vet just said to me on the phone, bring her/him in. When I would get there, he would tell his bookkeeper "she doesn't have to pay today, she'll be making payments monthly." No, he doesn't do this for everybody, most vets don't and on't. But you have just proved that there are others like my Vet that do help where they can for long time clients and do have a true 'love' of the animals.

I am so glad your 'little beargirl' is now on the mend.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-30-2009, 11:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
mergirl

good news!

My dog ate a bottle of aspirin once (she is our druggie, she will eat anything that has a chemical smells to it). I took her to my vet at lunch when they were closed. The techs let me in and told me were not allowed to do anything as the vet was out of the office, but then pumped her tummy full of doggie pepto anyway=) I love them!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by least View Post
Just came back from the vet. It was a urinary tract infection and she's now got ten days of Cephalexin to take. My vet allows me to make payments on my bills cause I usually don't have enough money to pay it all at once, especially at the end of the month. He also snipped off and cauterized a wart on her head that had gotten bigger. He also expressed her anal glands. He didn't charge me for either of those two things, just for the visit and her antibiotics. My vets are wonderful people and I trust them totally.

Thanks for your prayers. It means a lot to me.
So glad to hear that...Give her kisses from me
Old 05-30-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am gladyou got her help and that ypu have such great vets that will work with you.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My little 'beagirl' ('beagle' plus 'girl') has saved my sanity too many times to count. I can do no less than to give her the best care, and my vets help me do that with their kindness and expertise.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm kinda glad I'm just seeing this now, so I know there's probably a happy ending. When I saw the thread I thought, "Oh, no, not when S was doing so well." I agree, it's never silly to pray for our animal friends - they always see the best in us, even when the humans have given up.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

least sending you heaps of love for you and your furbaby and that she heals quickly to come home to you
xx
Old 05-30-2009, 07:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lots of positive thoughts and love sent your way, least! I hope Beagirl makes a speedy recovery!

Love,

Lenina