Notices

Sunday morning meeting

Old 05-24-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sunday morning meeting

I felt a tinge of depression for a few moments when I first awoke this morning. It was scary. I meditated for a full 30 minutes and now am opening up the Sunday morning meeting. I’m glad it’s Sunday. Kind’ve my habitual recovery day. A two meeting day.
And actually I feel pretty good right now. It’s still on the outside and I am quiet on the inside. My Sunday morning meeting begins in about 25 minutes and the coffee is made. Last week someone came for their first meeting; Not too many people come to AA for their first meeting on a Sunday morning. May this morning’s meeting bring a new beginning of recovery for someone. May I bring a loving kindness and compassion to the meeting that allows for others to grow and me too.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Where's the meeting? Here or there?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I hope your meeting brings you peace.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks...it was a good meeting on sunday. a good weekend.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Thanks Ksplash, I got a phone call Saturday morning from a new comer I had given my number to on Friday, he told me he was going to a meeting at 7:30AM right down the road from me. Well I told him that I would meet him there even though I had not gone to that meeting in a while.

Well it was an awesome meeting, a literature meeting and we were reading the book "Came To Beleive". It seemed to have struck home for him, we spoke for a good while after the meeting and he called me all excited on Sunday afternoon after he had just finished his second meeting of the day, he thinks he has found a sponsor, they are meeting later this week to talk more.

I have good vibes for him, he is following suggestions and seems to really want it.