Notices

Why would I want a drink?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why would I want a drink?

I may not be stupid, but I sure am slow sometimes.

I was driving home today and the thought hit me, why would I want a drink? I can honestly say that 95% of all the problems I've had lately were alcohol related. When ever I drink alcohol, I end up with all kinds of problems; relationship problems, financial problems, health problems, start turning fat and lazy, my head hurts, my heart hurts, and my self-esteem takes a nose-dive into the nearest dumpster. I stopped going to the bar 28 days ago and not one person has called me from there. Huh? I thought these were my friends. Guess not, but that's okay today. I'm here, screwy as ever, but at least this time I want to find answers and develop a life that works. I'm tired of drinking, why would a rational person want to walk in to the bar, sit down and ask for a cup of misery? That's essentially what it is, "Hey barkeep, can I have another glass of pain, and throw in a couple headaches to boot!" D*mn crazy stuff.

Finding our way sober may not be easy, but I've drank all the pain I can stand, so I think I'll pass on the drink today. Thanks SR for all your help.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this - I'm going through a bit of a struggle right now and additional reasons to not pick up a drink were much needed.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Sounds like you had a most excellent talk with yourself! Congratulations on your sober time!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Firestorm that was a funny post. I needed a laugh and really enjoyed it.