Notices

It takes work, but it's worth it.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It takes work, but it's worth it.

Since I live alone, I don't have anyone around to hold my hand 24/7, so I have to keep busy. The payoff is that my place smells better, looks better, is more organized and feels better to be in. It takes work to clean up the wreckage of the past, and the neglect that accumulates while running around getting loaded. When I cleaned the windows today, I wondered why it was so dirty outside. Then I realized it was the windows, not the outside, lol. For me, it helps to stay busy and seek balance throughout my day, a little work, a little cleaning, some time for reading, exercise and of course checking here at SR. I may even try AA meetings soon, to broaden the range of support and interaction with others face-to-face who are trying to live sober one day at a time.

I love all of you here at SR for putting up with my antics, my whining, and my off-the-wall sense of humor. If I'd known people would accept me sober, I think I'd have done it long ago. Well, no better time than the present.

It does get better, just so the new people know!

Hey, how did we live without spellchecker before?? What a terrible way to have to live, lol.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
When I cleaned the windows today, I wondered why it was so dirty outside. Then I realized it was the windows, not the outside,
There's a metaphor in here somewhere.... it just about sums up how I felt about my life until I stopped doing dope. The rest of the world wasn't the problem, it was my beer-soaked perspective on life (my window, if you will).

Bet ya didn't expect that, now did you?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey g,

That's pretty deep stuff there, I've never had a metaphor before, now where do you keep them, lol?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I wish I could remember, you had one in another thread recently but I can't remember where now. It was a great metaphor for addiction/recovery, but for some reason right at the moment I read it I felt kind of shy about posting so I didn't say anything.

You are actually much more profound than you intend to be, I think, or else just crazy like a fox. I enjoy your whining, antics, and off-the-wall humor; I don't feel so alone when I read your posts. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi g,

Thanks for the compliments. I hope you're never too shy to post, cause we all need each other, especially when the chips are down. Thanks for the support.

It's nice to have clean windows, it's kinda like opening our eyes to the world, with no dead bugs to block our view, lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
When I cleaned the windows today, I wondered why it was so dirty outside. Then I realized it was the windows, not the outside, lol.

Hey, how did we live without spellchecker before?? What a terrible way to have to live, lol.

Am getting the window cleaner out right now... i thought it was the outside world too....

Wheres the spell checker???? that would save a zillion edits to my posts...

Have a great day please...
Love your sense of humour too

be well
louis
Old 04-08-2009, 12:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hey Louis,

I just figured out how to edit a couple days ago, before that it was just a crapshoot.

The spellchecker is a Godsend, right on my bar up top, whatever that's called. Need to work on my techno info, lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Hey...
You'll need to speak to anna... she helped me trying to delete a post
It finally sunk in after many minutes of "*&%*$"*&^&* computer" that i couldn't actually delete a post myself... and also then having 2 posts exactly the same that were exually wrong....
She helped... and i managed to do it again
Old 04-08-2009, 01:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

clean the mirrors. wow,look,a sober reflection!!!!!!!!!!!!:wtf2
Old 04-08-2009, 01:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Ozboy, I haven't cleaned the mirrors yet, I mean come on now, those wrinkles don't need to be easier for me to see, lol.

Since my hair fell out, a clean mirror causes too much light refection, lol. Kinda like looking at a shiny bowling ball, lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

use vasaline,I think Barbera Streisand does?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I think a belt sander will work better for the wrinkles, 60 grit, lol. 40 grit is just a bit too rough.

As for the hair, can you imagine how much electicity I save from not having to blow dry my hair, I can dry it with a washcloth, lol.