Notices

What's up with this?

Old 03-27-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Emimily and jamdls,

Thank you for your support and helpful tips. I am going to start today being more active and eating more often, but less at each meal. It's the munching that gets me, so I'm going to really try to not do that today. Overall, I still look ok, but this extra poundage is really making me tired. I've got to fight that today.

Still haven't changed my name to Goodyear, but am thinking about it, lol.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Firestorm, I TOTALLY relate! Day 16 for me and I have been eating anything with sugar after my detox...last check I was 6 lbs up in less than 2 weeks??? I can admit that my sobriety is new I would allow myself to simply "follow the body" let myself have whatever I wanted (which varies greatly) as long as it wasn't alcohol. I am still in that "reward" phase. Like you I fear that I will have to join another group...addictions....arrgghh!
I have not taken up the exercise thing yet as again, I am just taking it easy AND my energy level is nil...have gone from not sleeping at all to 2 hour naps in the day. I signed up for my sobriety for life and am now seeing just how much it will affect me in every way...healthy, forgot what that was. Glad to see that there are some other tall women out and about...5'9" here and no metabolism. Keep us posted as I really needed to see your thread today and probably tomorrow....lol! Fight the good fight!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi TiredofTired,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I'm a guy, but the problem is still the same for both sexes. I've fallen into the nap routine as well, seems some days I can't keep my head up more than a couple hours. Then when I wake, I need something sweet to drink immediately. I guess my body is going wacko looking for a beer or shot, and is in rebellion. I rarely ate before drinking, cause it would dampen my buzz, so today the thought comes to mind, "Hey, if I start drinking again, I'll lose weight, so maybe I should go have some breakfast at the bar." Just plain crazy stuff! I feel sorry for families that are really struggling right now to feed their kids, yet here I am hogging down enough to feed a family of four. At least it feels that way every time I stuff my face.

Just call me Mr. Blimp.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think its pretty normal. Especially if you used to replace food with alcohol. I know I used to drink instead of eat all the time. So when I sobered up I found I liked eating again.

I know I HAVE to lose like 15 lbs by summer.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey firestorm you say you are going to the Doc next week?

Get checked for diabetes, and also your thyroid.

Not giving medical advice here, but your problem could well be physical.

Cheers!
(w/sugar free apple juice)!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks ToABetterMe,

Fifteen pounds is where I'm at now, although it wouldn't hurt to lose a couple more than that. I'm starting now, cause the summer will be here before we know it and I love to hang out by the pool. Haven't been to the ocean in a while, but may go this year, it's only a couple hours away. Hey, that's a great idea.

Thanks Richard, diabetes runs in my family, so I will definitely check into that with my doc. Also the thyroid, who knows, could need some tweeking.