Notices

Who has stayed sober just using SR as a support system?

Old 03-26-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Exclamation

Originally Posted by bottleslave View Post
AA is not my bag. I'm not spiritual, and I'm fairly anti-social.

I hear rumors of people who have stayed on the wagon using only SR. Can we hear from you?

Come to think of it, I would be interested in hearing from people who have tried using only SR but who have not been able to manage it.

thnx
I will tell you something.

Go to the members list and see who's joined and never heard from either after a few posts or, the ones that posted a lot and no longer here.
I know the nature of drinking and drugging.

You could make you a fortune if, you made a pill so, people could drink normally.

Hope, you're here a year from now; to take a look at your thread and see who's still here that, made a reply to it!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome bottleslave, over eighteen months sober for me in which SR has played a huge part.
I tried AA for a while over a year ago but didn't take to it, glad I tried it anyway.
I don't get on here as much now for one reason and another, but I know it is always here for me. I try also to deal with life in a more responsible way than I used to, and am more health conscious and get regular exercise.
Try anything and keep on believing, best wishes to you.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Evening bottleslave

I've been sober for over 10 months and I use nothing but SR, I keep the whole problem I have with alcohol secret from everyone in the real world.

It is possible but it is also hard work whichever way you walk the journey.

Whatever path you take, you really do it alone I reckon.

The only person who can really stop you drinking is you.

The basic principal is really not that hard, you just don't drink today, then repeat it tomorrow and the next day and then keep going. Yep I know its not as easy as that but whatever you do that is ultimately what you have to do.

AA/SR/something else will only work for you if you let it and want it to work for you.

I see people all the time think that just cos they've joined SR then they'll be fine, as if this forum will magically keep them sober, all here can do for you is support you ( as long as you keep posting and let it ) and remind you that there are other like minded souls out there that think and go through the same as you.

This time was about the 4th time I'd tried to stop drinking, I found SR one day after I'd stopped and haven't relapsed since.

Is the fact I've stayed stopped since joining a coincidence ? Would I have managed to stay sober this time anyway ? Was this just my time ? Had my body just had enough ?

All questions I can't really answer, I know SR has certainly helped and at no point has it done me any harm.

Will I stay sober ? Hope so but who knows, time will tell.

Don't know your story, are you sober just now ?

Get some sober time behind you and focus on that rather than focusing on how your going to do it, the longer I stayed sober the more answers I got I found.

Good luck