Notices

Made it through the day...

Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through the day...

As hard of a day as this has been for me, I've made it through and without a drink. So I have 13 days sober which I can be happy about.

I thought I'd never make it through the day being that today is my father's birthday as well as his date of death (1931FEB17-2004FEB17) and last night I got an hour of sleep at most due to my mother having over done her pain pills and she kept falling out of bed, dropping lit cigerattes on the floor etc, so with the added stress of the lack of sleep I thought I'd never make it through the day. But thank God, this site, and my AA meeting tonight I made it through sober. All those who've responded to my earlier posts about today I really appreciate all the support and encouragement as well as prayers and positive thoughts.

I hope everyone is well tonight. And I'd like to wish all a Good Night and pleasant dreams. I'm gonna try to find a friend to call to talk to for a few and head to bed. Need someone to talk with for a while. I'd like to thank everyone for letting me share and be a part of the SR family. I couldn't have made it this far without SR. Thank you all.
Wes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

:ghug3

Good job making it through what's surely been a very difficult day for you. I hope you're able to get some peaceful rest tonight.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Good job Wes. This was a major test for you and you made it through with flying colors.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Wes, I'm so sorry to hear about your Father. . . I obviously missed your earlier thread.

Were your ears burning? I was just thinking to myself, 'Where's Wes' nightly gratitude thread?' (I love your enthusiam for your Recovery) I lost my Father in 2006, when I had 14 months in Recovery and I know it's hard. It would have been very easy for you to rationalize using today, poor me, poor me, pour me a drink, but you didn't. Instead, you went to a Meeting, shared what's going on with you today here on SR with your extended Family and still are able to find gratitude. You my friend, are working a great Program!

Your Mom sounds like she is dealing with this day in the only way she knows how. . . by trying to numb herself to the pain of losing her Husband. (I don't remember if you have shared why she is on pain meds, if you did, I apologize.) I do know one thing, you have given your Father the greatest gift of all, you are giving him back his Son. . . and I'm sure he is so very proud of you today especially.

Thank you for sharing your pain with us so openly, just like you do the joy that you have found in your Recovery thus far. I am so proud of you for not picking up today.

Prayers for a Peaceful nights sleep for you and your Mom,
Judy
Old 02-17-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Stay strong.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Haven't shared why mom is on pain meds yet Judy, but she's on disability and has a really bad knee. She just sometimes tend to over do things a bit. She usually does really good about it though and follows the directions to the t. Just every now and then might over do it, sometimes accidently because she forgot if she took it earlier and sometimes on purpose. But the on purpose seems to be few and far between. And thank you all for your responses. It means a great deal to me and is something I'm very thankful for. I'm happy and thankful to be a part of SR with all of you wonderful people. Thank you all for the support and encouragement. No matter how bad things are you can find something to be grateful for if you look hard enough in the right places. So I can be thankful and end the day with a smile.
Wes