Notices

new here. a few words

Old 02-17-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here. a few words

i have been taking oxicodone for years and recently there has been a shortage due to several different reasons. i found an out patient rehab on marthas vineyard where i live that put me on librium and vistral for a few days and it really helped. you can tough it out but doing these meds really helped me through it. to think if this whole shortage never happened i would still be on the oxi. i must say though i still need pain meds after 4 surgeries to my back but no oxicontin or codone. wow those were hell to get off. also no benzos they are too addicting although i used ambian which they say is addicting too but i at least could sleep. now its meetings and prayer. gl and God bless to all.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love, prayers and angels to you.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome to our forum.

It is sad you have this pain.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR mvbri.
I keep coming to this site daily for encouragement and inspiration.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome mvbri....SR is a good place to be.

Just like these others I come here daily for support, to learn, and to help when I can...

Bless ya
Old 02-17-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome.

Ditto on the daily support. I feel like SR members really understand and are there with support, acceptance and really good ideas if you ask for them - all day and all night.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks everyone. it was one thing to be born into an alcoholic family and eventually become one myself but after a serious car accident the pills were worse then the booze. i found at that no matter how much you think you are in control of your own life, you're not. you can take some steps to control some things but God is there and your path is written. taking the right path is so hard especially when you put your trust in doctors and these meds are so addictive. also i want to say when it comes to meds like oxi, those of us who really need them get treated like drug addicts by pharmacists and others. i have tried everything from holistic to apotheropy (bee stings) pain is terrible but sometimes the cure is worse then the disease. thanks again and God bless all.

side note: anyone from marthas vineyard there is hope to be found at Vineyard Healthcare Associates in VH (woodland) dont wait, get there!