Notices

I'm embarrassed and I apologize

Old 02-17-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello, I registered here about a year ago. The last time I posted I was very angry because I read a post in which a man was very upset because his girlfriend killed herself, he was blaming himself. Another man replied saying that perhaps it was a good thing that his girlfriend was dead! I was so infuriated, even though it had nothing to do with me, I could not believe that someone could be so insensitive. Since that post I have been "lurking" here, not quite sure about posting, but have been reading on and off now for 2 months (sober) I am glad to say. However, that day I was drunk and posted, if I offended anyone I am truly sorry. I hate that when I am sober I am a kind, compassionate, level headed person, but when I have been drinking I am so STUPID! Well, I learned that I CANNOT control anyone, and I should never think that other people hold the same values that I do, some do not. Now I ignore the posters that upset me and just focus on the ones that can help me, and a lot of them do. Good to be back.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you all for understanding. This is such a struggle. I am trying to make this 1 more day 1(I have so many under my belt). I just hope I win tonight by not drinking. But, its only 4:30 and those darn cravings are starting when only several hours back, I felt like crap and hating myself for drinking.

By the way, I watched intervention with a beer in my hand last night ...how pathetic.

Thanks for being there, for your unconditional love.

Love, E