Notices

I belong here, too

Old 02-14-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I belong here, too

I usually post in "Friends and Family" and have just started attending Al-Anon meetings, but I realize now that I belong here just as much.

I live with an AH. He is really sick, and I don't know if he will ever get help or get better. He doesn't seem to want to, even though he says all the time that he is going to die from drinking.

I thought I was a casual drinker, but gradually (or maybe not so gradually) I started to drink my feelings. It seemed a lot easier than dealing with reality, which has been total insanity.

There was a meeting tonight for both AA and Al-Anon, and I really wanted to go, but I have a 2-year-old daughter, and my babysitter canceled out at the last minute.

There are about a million more parts to my story, but basically I just wanted to come here because I know it's where I'm supposed to be. There is a lot of suffering going on in my family, and I know I have my part in it, and it has to stop one way or another. I'm just as sick as AH, if not more, the way I see it.

Thank you for listening.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there well you will get lots of support here too, that's for sure! hope to see more of you posting around the alchie section;-)
Old 02-14-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hi Glenna!
welcome...I am glad you came to join us
Old 02-14-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

glenna hello and welcome....you are amongst friends.

Im sorry to here of your difficulties.......if only we could make people get sober...

But you can...for you........and it is possible..truly...

You will find a wealth of support and knowlege here........

PLEASE keep coming here to post......you are very important to us all.

God be with you and keep you safe.................trucker
Old 02-14-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Glenna
Good to meet you

D
Old 02-14-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! you came to the right place! I'm a recovering addict who grew up in an alcoholic home. My Dad just picked up his 4 year chip and he's 75 year old! So hang in there, there is hope. I never thought my dad would quit, but he did! We now have a great relationship that I never thought would have been possible!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Glenna!

Wonderful to see you in this neck of the woods! You are very courageous for taking this step. I'm utterly impressed.

This is a pivotal time in your life. You can change everything. You know how everything can sometimes feel totally muddy and horrible? Well, you are at a cross-roads and if you follow the path of recovery, things will change for you. You will find yourself on more solid ground and breathing with more happiness. This doesn't happen easily or right away but it does happen if you keep doing the next right thing.

I'm so glad you're here.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glenna if you would still like a meeting tonight and you can't get out to one or get a babysitter, there is an online "Chat Meeting" right here, at 9:00 EST (in approximately 2 hours from now). Just click on the chat feature, click on the meeting, and you're there. We'll be glad to have you.

P.S. I was a "back door baby" myself. (Came to AA from Al-Anon)
Old 02-14-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Welcome Glenna. The more the merrier I say. Lets all get through this together.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Glenna,

Welcome!
Old 02-14-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Glenna
Old 02-14-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Resident

Hi Glenna.
You remind me of my mother in the fact that you started drinking because your husband was drinking too much and then ended up also addicted. I am also addicted to alcohol gut fortunately it has not been passed to my grown children. At least not so far. It is good you are trying to break that cycle for your sake and the sake of your little one. Good luck.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glenna
You are so very welcome here. You'll need to be strong and honest while on this journey. You have alluded to other issues that are part of your story. Just keep doing what you know is right for you and your family. We will be here to help you along the way.

Ken
Old 02-14-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome Glenna. Look around and post and read all you like. We'll be more than happy to help out the best we can and know how to. It's good to see that you want and are going to make a change for the better, for yourself and the family. Glad to have you here.
Wes