Notices

Still mentally angry and saddened at my scene.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Angry Still mentally angry and saddened at my scene.

Well I tried to have an adult to adult conversation with my mother as many of you have state to do, but she still doesn't see what trauma she caused me and is very ignorant about it. How pathetic of her, god I wonder why she dealt with me for all these years... she is ACTING AS IF I'VE DONE SOMETHING TERRIBLE... I have done NOTHING WRONG, I have always been her greatest supporter. One minute she was being nice, NEXT MINUTE IT'S BACK TO BEING ALL OVERLY BOSSY. I told her since I lived my life so much in my room, it was great that I could be in the Living Room, which is a big step for me, and she just banished me from the Living Room. Tough love, anger, whatever it is, the timing was incorrect if she did not want me to FEEL banished, and she should be ashamed of herself for what she's done. But no of course not... now I have to live with this, and who knows what the heck ELSE is to come.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take a deep breath Paulos.........
Old 02-04-2009, 11:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Old 02-04-2009, 11:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Paulos why are you in your room?...I noticed the reference to video games. Is this your addiction?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Be proud of your progress
You are doing what is best for you
and often changes upset others who are not.

.... Paul
Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

My addiction was alcohol actually, and no one's really listening or they don't want to, and if they are they're just blinded by how I HAVE TO CHANGE, I gave up alcohol, god give me a break...
Old 02-05-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Her behavior and attitude are on her, not you. You've done nothing wrong so please believe in yourself and to hell with the others.

:ghug3
Old 02-05-2009, 06:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paulos,

Stop and take a look at how far you have come!

You are doing great!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

how old are you?

Can you get a place on your own?

I never had a good relationship growing up with my mother either.

I do now though!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hi Paulos,
I am not sure what your situation is. How old are you? Are you working? Can you afford to move out? I would love to help you cause I feel for you so much. I slept on the couch when I was 18 too! My sisters got the bedrooms and I felt like no one gave a crap about me. Yea, no room for me. I ended up Getting a job and moving out just before I turned 19. The job did not pay much but at least it gave me enough to get by on my own barely.

Now later in life I realize the mom is not the "end all be all" and we have to take care of ourselves if no one will take care of us. It is a tough lesson to learn but I was happy to cut the umbilical cord and move on. Keep your chin up. You are doing the right thing by quitting drinking. Stay clean and take baby steps. PM me if you need to.

Let us know what your situation is. There are plenty of folks here who really care and want to help.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Paulos,

I can empathize somewhat. I am constantly fighting and arguing with my folks. I feel that they dont listen to me or take me seriously. I feel they have lost any respect for me and that hurts.

Mending relationships with parents is, I am coming to learn, a long process since we and they are so stuck in our ways. Anything we can do to help repair the damage is good: I try my best not to angry at them, to keep my tone of voice pleasant and business-like, to get to the basic reasons that are causing problems instead of focusing on the problems themselves. It is hard work and a 24/7 job.

Good luck!