Notices

Good morning

Old 01-31-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I hope I can be as helpful and supportive to all of you as you have been for me.
A little about myself... I come from a long line of alcoholics. I don't drink often but when I do it's because I'm lonely or stressed. I use it as an escape and that scares me. I know that is how it all started with some of my family members. I stated drinking when I was in the Army on party occasions. Now, I guess I feel like I miss those times with all my friends. Somehow I've warped my logic to believe that when I drink I'm not alone and I'm having fun.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Resident

I am with you on the last point about it relieving the loneliness but we are only fooling ourselves. I always remembered it as having a good time but deep in mind I now know that it wasn't. Hold the course. You will feel better and more empowered in the morning.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I do feel better in the mornings now. That's for sure. Before, I was numbing myself from feeling hurt but I would wake up in the morning still feeling hurt and on top of it sick. Doesn't make much sense and yet I was doing it anyway.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

cwagner, good Sunday morning to you. Seems like you have some great insight into your problem. That's a great start toward recovery. Good luck, see you around here.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too drank to escape. I finally realized it was making things worse and decided to quit. It took me months to actually stop drinking but I eventually did it. You can too. Come here often and read and post as you need.

Welcome to the site! I'm glad you found us!:ghug3
Old 02-01-2009, 06:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi, I am beginning to believe that I drank to escape the real Ken. The one I am trying to figure out now that I don't drink anymore. Keep soming back to SR. There are many people here to make friends with who will help you on your journey.