Notices

Drinking vessel dilema

Old 01-28-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Talking Drinking vessel dilema

Now I have a real problem......my dishwasher is now full of coffee mugs, not wine glasses! I chuckled when I opened it this morning. Who'd of thought? Then again I am on day 4 and NEVER would have thought it could happen. Thanks all for always letting me ramble on.

Have a strong day everyone.:d anse1b:
Old 01-28-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

I have some great advice for you VC. Use the cup more than once if you are constantly drinking coffee. It costs about $1.50 to run the dishwasher.
Wait just saw an ad for Starbucks. Another good idea.
Don't you hate the power of advertising?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks awesome! Besides you don't have to worry about water spots on coffee cups!

HAHA!
I was just thing the same thing! I have never washed so many coffee cups every day!

I have this matching set of 8 green plastic cups, I used to use these to make my drinks. ONLY these cups, why? Because then I could have 2-3 drinks going at once in different rooms & I thought no one would think any different if they saw me drinking out of this green cup in one room & just assume I brought it to the next room.

The green cups have not been out in a week, actually I should just throw them out! I think I paid like $3 for the whole set. Maybe it will symbolize something?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Maybe you should throw them out. I have read several times that it is a good idea to get rid of all the things that remind you of your drinking. I threw out all my drinking T-shirts which I thought was a good idea until I realized that now I need a new wardrobe. Got two new T's yesterday.
One says "Old guyz rule." and the other says
" I am great in bed..... I can sleep all day."

So for clothes I am good until tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

OMG! Green cups for every room! LOL! You ARE clever! HA!!!!!!!! Thanks for the chuckle!
We all should collaborate on a book. "Tricks & Tales of the Heavy Drinker"....
Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
OMG! Green cups for every room! LOL! You ARE clever! HA!!!!!!!! Thanks for the chuckle!
We all should collaborate on a book. "Tricks & Tales of the Heavy Drinker"....
It would be a BIG book thats for sure!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
my dishwasher is now full of coffee mugs, not wine glasses!
My hand is way up! Me too!

I have to be drinking something constantly. I got rid of my wine glasses right away as well as the travel mugs I used to drink from because even when they were clean I swear I could smell wine.

I drink coffee from a specific cup and recently designated a new cup for my cocoa in the evening. I guess you could say I'm still a drinker
Old 01-28-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Same here, I'm drinking so much water/OJ/coffee and making food again (used to just get drunk and pick up/eat at the bar) that my dishwasher fills up every couple of days...between that, the extra money in my wallet and the clear feeling in my head I'm having a hard time adjusting, hah...
Old 01-28-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Iggy1966 View Post
Same here, I'm drinking so much water/OJ/coffee and making food again (used to just get drunk and pick up/eat at the bar) that my dishwasher fills up every couple of days...between that, the extra money in my wallet and the clear feeling in my head I'm having a hard time adjusting, hah...
Isn't that crazy how we could go all day & not even think about giving our body any nutrients, or fuel, just the next drink.

I know I feel like I have been eating a ton! But I would rather be addicted to coffee, popcorn than alcohol! I actually am making myself eat fruit every day too!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Got a good chuckle from all the posts here, thanks.

I drank from the bottle. Occasionally I would put it in the glass to make me feel like I wasn't doing anything weird. Crafty eh?

Nothing around to remind me of my drinking, finish a bottle...throw it away. I'll probably find some when I go cleaning around this spring I'm sure.

You guys make my day.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Resident

Ya this is a fun thread Thanks all.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Yep - great thread! (LOL @ the green cups in every room... I'm surprised I didn't think of that one! I just used my Diet Coke cans...)

YAY to dishwashers full of coffecups! Fubar, Starbucks costs a lot more than $1.50...