Notices

So tired of the my past chasing me around

Old 01-27-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

I'm really sorry Chi.

Realistically this is one of the consequences to decisions past. The people responsible for placement look at history. They make decision based on history because of statistics, including the results of when they might have given someone an opportunity that was a "risk."

Since you know your past follows you the best you can do is be prepared with the info of references related to all the time and history of who you are today, and the person you present to them on your interview.

At the present I am job searching and have NO bad history and have not got a call back in months. I can't even get to an interview! Something i am not use too!!!!!! So I may go drive a taxi.

love tam
Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Here are my thoughts. Take the offensive, let's find out if you can get this expunged......I thought some stuff could only be traceable for a period of time. I would go either online or go get a free consult with a lawyer who specializes in such matters. I do know there are appeals after a time to make these records untraceable.......worth a call?

Hey found a link, I am sure there are more:

Felony on Your Record? 10 Job Hunting Tips
Old 01-27-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Trish)))

You've gotten lots of good advice here.

I hope you begin to believe that all this is happening for a reason, and that the right job will come along for you.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Late to this...Trish you can't control how other people react or how they see you - it sucks but it what it is.

When I shuffle down the street with my cane, I can't stop people thinking shite and making assumptions either - but not everybody does that, and the older I get the more I realise that the cool people outnumber the idiots

You will get idiots - but you'll also get cool people who'll see you for who you are, not the you you were, or the you from a rap sheet or whatever...

I'm sorry - but hang in there. S'ok.

Stand tall - not much else we can do somedays
hugs
D
Old 01-27-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Here are my thoughts. Take the offensive, let's find out if you can get this expunged......I thought some stuff could only be traceable for a period of time. I would go either online or go get a free consult with a lawyer who specializes in such matters. I do know there are appeals after a time to make these records untraceable.......worth a call?

Hey found a link, I am sure there are more:

Felony on Your Record? 10 Job Hunting Tips
Hey Chi, VC has a good idea. One more thing you may want to consider....Get involved with a good group. I have seen it work for others in similar circumstance. There are people in the recovery community who will help others who need it. It's just a suggestion.......anything is possible!!:ghug
Old 01-27-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Question

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
My work and personal references are top notch. Even tho I screwed a few of them over. They still praise my work to potential employers. I am a kick ass worker. I dont complain and will do anything I am asked and then some. I dont feel one bit bad saying I am a great asset to anyone who hires me. And I know this to be true.

Have you got a former employer to vouch for your record on your job resume?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
Have you got a former employer to vouch for your record on your job resume?
LOl..I would hate to see what happened if I was actually applying to places that required resumes.
These are mediocre jobs that a kid could do.

I am over it. That job had me at a rageful point when I was there before. Better off.

So...Back to just making my silly little paycheck at my one job. And hopefully this economy does a little bit of a turn around and I will try again elsewhere.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Unhappy

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
lol..i would hate to see what happened if i was actually applying to places that required resumes.
These are mediocre jobs that a kid could do.

I am over it. That job had me at a rageful point when i was there before. Better off.

So...back to just making my silly little paycheck at my one job. And hopefully this economy does a little bit of a turn around and i will try again elsewhere.

if, a person's job is secure or hopefully so, it's best to ride it out right now

there's 71,000 jobs lost just this week

possible 10% unemployment by the years end

those are some sobering numbers
Old 01-27-2009, 09:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I've come to believe that old cliche "When God closes one door, He opens another." We just need look and listen. Not always easy to do.