Notices

Personal Journal you can password protect

Old 01-12-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Personal Journal you can password protect

When I made a personal journal, I decided to password protect it because I really wanted a place to write down my feelings and not have ANYONE see them. It is quite honest. It is hard to be honest but I can finally keep things straight and written down and private. It can be quite degrading writing down all the crap you have done and how you think you can fix it, lists of things etc..

You can password protect a document in Microsoft word 2003 by:
Clicking on the file menu, save as, tools (little down arrow, upper right of the save box), then security options. No one can get into this document unless they have the password.

It is also under Save As.. in Word 2007, just can't remember the exact spot since I am not on that laptop right now. I have three computers.

Good luck all and please let me know if anyone else has a Journal. Always could use advice on stuff to include.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did a journal after a couple of years in recovery. I was really struggling with forgiving myself and lots of bad memories and someone urged me to write a journal. It was really hard to do, seeing the words written down. Actually, I wrote a paper journal and hid it carefully because I didn't feel that anything I wrote online was safe enough. Thanks for sharing your method. It took me almost a year to get everything out, but it felt so good. At the end of the year, I burned the journal.