Notices

hello, brand new!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
struggling christian

hello, brand new!

i guess i'll repost this here instead of my blog. still working out the kinks. hey, brand new here. i'm 26 male, been drinking everyday to help me sleep and then some for quite a while now. i binge drank for almost a week and much of it was all a blur and i regret every moment of it. quit 4 days ago with the worst hangover of my life, not sleeping for 40 hours, and still having difficulty sleeping. i am experiences pent up emotions that i have not felt for a very long time, which i hope is a good thing. i want to quit while i'm young and before alcohol completely consumes my life. the memory gaps are already getting noticible to the people around me. and i feel ashamed like i am missing out on the life that they are all living around me. just wanted to say hello to all who struggle the same as me trying to stay sober. it is a rough ride but i believe with God's help we can get through it. going to call my doctor today to get set up with therapy to find out what went wrong in the first place, and to help battle my addiction. i hope to hear from some of you! thanks for reading!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! I'm glad you're going to talk to your doctor. Have you considered going to AA meetings? I found them to be very helpful in my very early recovery.

Keep coming back here and remember, just don't pick up that first drink!

:ghug3
Old 01-12-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Bongo

I believe we met in the chat room, sorry I couldn't talk longer. I'm into day 3 now and I think I'm developing a pineapple juice problem, love the stuff. I woke up a few days ago after drinking every day since I was in High School, I'm 33 now, feeling relieved that I decided to stop, not as bad a withdrawal as some but a little cranky and I would love some sleep.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. Always remember that you do not have to be alone anymore. There are millions of us out here that suffer with the same disease. Feel free to reach your hand out for help and i'm sure you will be surprised how much support you will receive. There is a way out. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
struggling christian

thank you, i really appreciate your welcome
Old 01-12-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
struggling christian

pangur, it's good to see we have some things in common besides the pineapple juice addiction, although i do love a good pineapple on occasion
Old 01-12-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
struggling christian

Originally Posted by least View Post
Have you considered going to AA meetings? I found them to be very helpful in my very early recovery.

:ghug3
i think my church has AA meetings that i would like to try. thanks!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Bongo, the 12 steps/12 traditions of AA have helped me tremendously in giving me tools to learn how to live live sober. One thing I learned is that recovery does not come from not drinking, it comes from reconnecting with the world and learning how to live life without needing drugs/booze to cope. I am here if you need any support or guidance, just reach out your hand to any of us and we'd be glad to do what we can.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
struggling christian

thanks, bodychek. you're very kind. i am glad to have found this site. i think it will really help me out. and hopefully i can help in some way as well.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad you are here. You can do this.
Keep posting.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

No problem bongo, I am here for you just like those that were here for me when I was in my darkest time and needed support and guidance. Contact me anytime.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Resident

You can do it Bongo and congrats on taking the step so young. I am new too and have wasted most of my life drinking. My advice is to do it when you are young and enjoy what life can offer. Happiness cannot be found in a bottle. Good luck.