Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

~In Honour Of Indigo~ from Nix (LONG POST- prewarned!):Xmaspstar

Notices

Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

The promises come to mind...

"we will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it"

Just returned from a meeting at a women's recovery center. I am so very grateful that others held me up and encouraged me to keep on trudging on this path.

I remember the fear, misery, and self loathing and all those other yukky feelings of early recovery as I look at and listen to the women there.

I recognize the rebel I was.

I recognize the old friends of justification, rationalization, and denial.

Those things I see in the women there are familiar
..and while I see them I get to another level of willingness, acceptance and gratitude;
but also a strong sence of hope that all those still suffering will see in each of us there is a way out...
there is a solution and there is a life worth living in recovery.

We share our ESH willingly and freely.
The willingness is something we can not give the newbies.
The willingness must come from the deep recesses of our being. I hope and I pray they each find that willingness within themselves

I was sleepily browsing & reading as i often will when i have trouble easing into to sleep & my mind is unable to be quietened,
in a thread that i cannot now place at this moment ,
i found the above post by
Indigo
As i read through what she quietly & lovingly put down in spiritual light, i could not help but to admire an be amazingly inspired by the humbleness of this fellow member.
I know, from recieving awesome support & encouragement here @ SRthat it does wonderfull things to my inner being when that encouragement & recognition comes forth...
As addict/Alcoholics whichever your vice may have been, we tend to steer clear of the spotlight or be dramatically in the spotlight & i have noticed that you, Indigo seem to be a soul who journeys away from that, humbly, lovingly, peacefully posting the precious words that you do & from deep within you.
I do not know excactly how clean & sober you are, nor how long you have been a member of what im seeing clearly now to be "The SR Family", I do know this though...
when i first came across posts by you, i instantly was intrigued to read them because of the precious picture associated to your name.
represented to me a shy, quiet, gracious woman with offerings that may be meaningfull an deep.
The woman pictured, stripped of all, though the real inner light remained.
I just wish to say to you...Thankyou
You do so much for me inside, i feel like i glow when i read the pieces you post, you are a constant in my learning & you are a fine example of women supporting women.
w supporting w has always been a hard one on my recovery journey over 14years,
i seem to be judging of women, i know this is due to my mothering issue & my sibling issues with my sister, yet when i read & take in the things you feel & express, i do not feel that judgment rise up inside me, blocking me, stunting me.
very few females have this affect upon me i can assure you, there are 2 or 3 here on SR,1 or 2 in NA& my beautifull sponsor that im finding im moving beyond that fear with, in reading, hearing & listening to what they are saying.
Im not sure why im posting this, except for i feel that it is invaluable to express what im truly feeling to the people that aid me in feeling such a freeing feeling & the support the women give to each other is simply awesome & i wish to recognise it.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

you're doing great, nikky. thanks for sharing! hugs, k