Notices

Surrender

Old 10-12-2008, 12:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Surrender

I have done recovery many times for different drugs. I have not used meth in alomst 7 years as of the 18th. I struggled with that addiction bad. Here I am surrendering to probally the worst addiction of all, and by far the one that has consumed my inner being the most- pain pills. I have not begun to w/d yet. I am waiting for my phone to ring for that wonderful person on the other line to say to me that there is a opening for medical detox. Thank you so much for letting me share and for being a newcomer again:praying
Old 10-12-2008, 12:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you're well on youre way..thats what it takes at least it did for me.. total surrender.welcome to sr..im praying with you ..just hold on..miracles happen..im one.:praying
Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community....

I'm so pleased you are making solid plans
to win over your addiction.

Do keep posting ...
Old 10-12-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kammy,

I'm glad you found us and that you're taking care of yourself.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a great place for support, encouragement, and useful info. Glad you found us! Are you ready and willing to do whatever it takes to break free of your addiction? If so, you'll be successful! We're here to support you and help you as much as we can!

Old 10-12-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

glad your here!

I was reminded of a friend who got sober after an arrest for resisting arrest...he said he was fighting the cop and winning...and realized that he was really in trouble if he won the fight! surrender to win...had to do that with the drugs and alchohol too.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well, here i am. i never did get that call, as i hoped. ive had the worst day and have medicated myself with tylenol pm. not the bewst choice but heck of alot better than my usual regimen. thank you for your support. i will talk to ya'll soon with a update.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

OMG!!!!!!!! i am so struggling. i never thought that it would be so hard to get off of the pain pills. im in so much pain. i have four children too and trying to deal with them and detoxing is a nightmare. im a girl scout leader and yesterday we had a meet. it was the worst, i felt that every parent knew something was wrong with me. i was so disoriented and totally out of focus. i just wanted to scream. i have since taken 4 pills since my last blog just to releive the pain. i wish i could just crawl under a rock. we have a detox facility here but it is a cold turkey place, no medical help at all. i keep thinking who is going to take care of the kiddies if i leave. im in desperate need but cant seem to walk away from my current situation, what about the kids????????? anyway, im hoping for a miracle
Old 10-15-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Do you have any close friends? Any family? Church connections? Mom's groups? Anything like that? You need to reach out to people and I bet they'll surprise you and put out their hands for you to take. Keep posting and let's figure this thing out. 4 kids - what ages? Husband work long ours? Does he have a job with vacation benefits? You have to do whatever it takes.