Notices

I need help!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help!

I have been on and off this site but I am a mess tonight. I need help to quit drinking and the other crap. Even messed up right now i know something jsut isn't right. How do I quit everythign?

I'm a mess and I need help to learn to quit living in a haze. If i' m not messed up right now I can't deal iwht life. what do i do? Really, what is there for me to do, seriously.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The way it worked for me?

First thing was I needed to be sure I wanted to quit. Really sure. It's not easy and you need to be committed.

Second thing I needed to realise I can't do this alone - whatever support you use - be it church, counselling, SR, AA or whatever....you need other people's support, perspective, and input.

Thirdly - I had to stay in the day.

Not drinking today isn't easy, but it was a more reasonable goal to try for than I'm never gonna drink again

Then, with some work, you can start to add the days up

Keep reading and posting. Good luck!
D
Old 09-19-2008, 11:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

one day at a time!!!

good luck.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

As you are using more than one ssubstance
I strongly suggest an honest talk with
your doctor regarding a long range plan

Perhaps a medical de tox ..rehab or IOP is necessary.
Hope you can find your way into health.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope you are feeling better today.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

As felly said I hope you are feeling better today.

If you can't deal with life unless you are messed up then maybe you need a break from life. In-patient treatment gives you time to get clean and work on yourself without outside distraction.

If that's what it take then you might as well get started now.

Drinking and drugging isn't really dealing with life anyways. Nothing will get better while you are using. The only way to at some point be able to cope is to stay clean. It may take a little time but it is the only way.

So what are you waiting for?

I don't mean to sound harsh. I tried getting help and continued using many times. I know it's hard being where you are right now. Keep in mind, what you have to do to turn your life around may not be easy but it is really simple. Ask for help, and be willing to listen to and follow through with that help.

Pretty simple.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm just lost. I don't see much good in my future right now so maybe I'm not ready. I sure FEEL ready but I still can't stop.

Thanks again to you.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

having the desire to quit then apply action is all thatis needed.

Get suome support and talk/be with other addicts in recovery.

Kevin
Old 09-20-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by still_me View Post
I'm a mess and I need help to learn to quit living in a haze. If i' m not messed up right now I can't deal iwht life. what do i do? Really, what is there for me to do, seriously.
Some people do group meetings. Some go to detox centers. Some come to places like SR. Some see counselors who deal specifically with substance abuse concerns.

I myself don't go to groups and I don't go for counselling. I find that SR helps me greatly. I know it's not face to face, but I find that human contact (even though this is over the internet) is essential to keeping me sober. SM, you need to find whatever it is that works for you. Make some phone calls. Perhaps you can start by reaching out to someone close to you who will stand by your side. I don't know the details of your situation, so I'm sorry if this doesn't help. I hope you can get the help that you need soon.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Everyday that goes by without working sitting at home with no license is hard.I feel the world is passing me by a lot.I also know getting high does'nt help me in a real way.
I smoked a lotta pot and that after while made me lazy.It interfenes with working out.I tryed it and it wound up controlling me.This is the only time I really wanted to quit.Other times were court ordered and if you don't wanna quit thats a joke.Life may be going by but its not stopping.Things will get better.Don't give up or in!gOOD LUCK!