Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 13

Old 09-27-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

poor least...I can relate to how bad you feel...i never do sick well!

I always feel lonely when i'm sick. I try to lay down and fantizize about the man of my dreams sweeping me off my feet, or winning the lotto, or getting a promotion or somehting like that. It helps, but i do have to be careful not to fall into the fantasyies i have that suddenly turn into ...and i'm dying of cancer, or my son dies, or whatever....my mind likes to turn to ugly stuff not sure why...but everytime it does i just have to return to the happy fun dreams....sorta like dakota fanning's "safe place" in war of the worlds

my whine.....how will i ever stay on schedule with my sleep patterns if i'm sleeping to get well on and off all day and night .... I better be sure to get on schedule by next Thursday or i'll be in trouble when its time to go back to work!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

we have a gas shortage in GA. There are 100's of gas stations without gas, and the ones that DO have gas, you have to wait in line for it. Cops are hanging out at gas stations because people are getting angry, frustrated and stupid.

I filled my car up this morning, because by the time I need gas tomorrow, there may not be any where I fill up.

I drove 40 miles, one way, to work to make $30 in tips, which is not enough to pay for gas. No one can afford to eat out, even though we are family-oriented and not much more expensive than fast food places.

I'm broke, and don't see any end in sight. It's the wrong time of the month to be going through this. I know it will all work out (it always does), but it sure sucks when you're going through it.

At least I don't want to use, and my health is good. Think I'll go say the serenity prayer a few hundred times!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

WOW we don't have lines for gas here!!!!! You just sucked all the whine right outa me !!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
cmc

I'll hand over my whine time to anyone who has to wait in line for gas. I've only had to do that twice and the second time it was for 6 hours right before hurricane Frances.
[WHINE]......[/WHINE]
Impurrfect: feel free to fill in the space.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I've never had to wait in line for gas, either. This is a first. Apparently we have to have special gas because of the emissions/pollution. This gas comes from the pipelines that were damaged by hurricane Ike. EPA lifted the restrictions, but no improvement yet. Dad and I let each other know, daily, which stations have gas. Most stations run out in a day. I've heard of stories of people running out of gas waiting in line, and having to push their cars to the pump.

What's bad, is people are getting "gas-rage". It's only a matter of time before someone shoots someone else over gas. Pretty scary.

If I just go to work and back, I can get through the rest of my week (I'm off Wed. and Thur. nights). The few customers we had at work, were complaining about trying to find gas.

I'm wondering if I'll get fired if I have to call in because I don't have gas, and am not making enough money to buy it!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

1. Found out a guy I was talking to has a girl-friend that he forgot to mention. He's the SECOND one that tried to cheat on his gf with me in the last while.

2. Have a headache.

3. Had to bring the kids to the store with me as I don't want to shell out for the sitter...they're....insane....arrrrrrgh....

4. Still bruised and lookin' stupid

5. I...am....be-atchy....!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
IO Storm

DG...

Cheaters suck!

Hugs to you and all other Whiner's today....
Old 09-27-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Red face

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
sher, what the heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell was that freak'n link....

sent my Linux OS in a tizzy!!!

Specifics hun....

What linkie..where?

Sure don't want to inflict it again. I had some trouble yesterday with

pics from Myspace photobucket and asked Anna to delete some posts...

Sorry..
Old 09-27-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

gas lines! kids! unexplained illness! money woes! homelessness! bumper sticker for everyone, including myself:

Have a full-blown cold...raspy throat, sniffling, sneezing, coughing...am staying in my room, to avoid spreading my germs.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
getting there

Morning everyone,
Sleep DID make my headache go away (good thinking, Boston!). So far I have nothing to whine about today, so I'll give up my morning allotment to others.

Hope everyone is feeling better!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

So much for "a small, intimate affair...just very immediate family"! From a justice of the peace, and no reception...to about 70 in a hall, 6 attendants. It will be in April about 100 miles from here. Let's see...how much can I save out of $25/month between now and then?

In an effort to cut living expenses, my daughter has discontinued internet, and is "surrendering" both their vehicles. They'll still owe on the cars, but will cut the payments in half. I wish I could do more than just pray this economic crisis would end!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:24 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
IO Storm

(((Jerz)))

Pray...and vote!

And pray some more....
Old 09-27-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hugs to my whine fam...No whine for me as of the mment. Finally put this week in the bag. Going to a BBQ at my cousins. And no kids til Monday!!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:49 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

No whine...but, I'm so emotionally overwhelmed, I had to share some good news for a change. My daughter called to tell me grand daughter (getting married in April, getting two-year degree in May) got a letter stating she was nominated to the honor society Phi Beta Kappa! She's been working a full-time job while carrying a full load of courses, maintaining a straight A average. We are so proud of her!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

sis
Specifics hun....

What linkie..where?
looks like the SR Powers That Be 86'd It!

my, all these whines about gas, at times, some people whined about my gas!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Old 09-27-2008, 06:37 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Amy - you are the current winner of the whines thread today in my book. I am happy to report I have never had the "whine of the day" on here, which is good.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:54 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Too cute, Nands....
Old 09-28-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

((Jersey)) - I'm SURE your granddaughter gets a lot of her smarts from you!

The gas station thing is getting worse...2 out of every 3 stations I passed on my 40-mile trek were out of gas. The ones that were open, had lines already at 8 a.m. A coworker had to wait in line for an HOUR to get gas. The station I got gas at yesterday morning, was out last night, has more in this morning (with long lines) and a truck pumping more gas into their tanks.

This is a first...I've been through tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, and floods...now a gas shortage. Companies are starting to let more employees tele-commute. Too bad I can't wait tables from home!

One good thing about all this...traffic is much lighter
Old 09-28-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Can't follow the gas shortage whine with anything significant. Sorry you are experiencing that. I can't imagine! Hope you get a boat load of BIG tippers today!