Notices

A dream has saved me

Old 08-20-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A dream has saved me

I'm sure this will come off sounding BEYOND wacky, but this is what happened to me yesterday.

I called my best-friend and was basically preparing him for the fact that I just don't see my not drinking being a continuing event. I told him that I'm sure that I'll drink again and that I feel it coming closer and closer.

Last night, I had a dream. And this must sound odd, but I really think my mother (who died six years ago) was talking to me through it. I dreamt that a car full of my relatives arrived in my driveway and proceeded to have an intervention for me. I dreamt that when they pulled up, I was so relieved that I would be getting help, that I was eager to hear their words. I dreamt that I was then sent to a rehab centre and was calmly putting away my clothes, knowing that I was on the right path (why do my clothes ALWAYS center in my dreams?! lol). In my dream I felt such peace, love and hope. I woke up half-way through the dream and touched the bracelet that my mother had given me her last christmas (she always told me that when i touch it, I'm getting a hug from her) and I whispered, "thank you, mom"...and went back to sleep. That's when my dream continued and I knew that I'm at my happiest not drinking.

Just wanted to share.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That was very beautiful. I think your relatives did have an intervention for you in heaven.

My son is in rehab now after crashing his sister's car in his 2nd DUI in 3 months (2nd occured 5 days after getting PBJ for the 1st). I hope something like this happens to him. I know he has dreams but usually they are of jail or of accidentally killing someone.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your dream dancinggirl. Glad that it gave you a positive message; and no , I don't think your odd.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

very inspiring.....!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's incredible! I have dreams about drinking not ones where I'm being saved from the disease. I like your dream better and I would call that a "sweet" dream for a sweet girl. (Always tell me son, "have sweet dreams.")
Old 08-20-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dancing Girl,

Your dream touched my heart, thank you for sharing it.