Notices

Does Anyone Here Live Alone?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

great tips,
For me in the early days of recovery it was key for me to get out of my head(thoughts) and stay out becouse no one should be subjected to what was going on in there when left alone. I thrived when around people becouse i soon forgot the sh!t that was going on in my head, the voice that was telling me i am doomed, worthless, stupid, ugly, bad, unworthy, unlovable, incapible, weak, less than , just drink, end it, etc. etc. etc

The phone, sober friends to call and hang with and a really busy structured days were key. But i have to say i spent a lot of time here were on more than one ocasion my friends have helped me reboot and get out of my head at 2 in the morning. Now the only thing in my head at night is sweet dreams

I still struggle with the down time now and again but i have to force my self not to isolate but rather get out of the house, go for a walk, sit at the coffe shop and people watch, do chores, pick up the phone, feel the gratitude..................... my roomate moves back soon after being gone for 4 months recovering from a hit and run, but i hope to trade him in for a roomate with more curves one of these days. Then there will be no end to the chores on her "to do list"

my spelll check button disapered